Montgomery, IL

Lakewood Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2014
This school has gone through many changes. There needs to be some basic stability especially for the students!!!! My first child experienced three different princlpes and many substitutes in her first three years of school. I am very disappointed!!!

Posted May 13, 2012
My son has been a student here for 2 years. I am very pleased with this school. His kindergarten and 1st grade teachers recognized my sons special needs. As a result, my son received early intervention, which was provided by the school , in reading and speech. He is now reading above grade level. Also, his speech and, as a result, his spelling has greatly improved. I appreciate the efforts of the staff more than words can express.

Lakewood Creek Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2012
To reply to comments on 5/26 & 7/24, I am extremely involved with my children and have the same problem. One of them also has special needs. This year his teacher is fantastic. She is patient and understanding of my child. His report card is also fantastic. We spend hours every night at home helping him with any homework and or schoolwork he didn not finish. My wife has been helping at the shcool since our 1st child started Kindergarten. From what my son tells me, he is not the only one that has been singled out over the years. The school has really gotten on him as he is different. He is passionate and vocal. Sometimes that is what gets him in trouble. A great percentage of the staff does not know how to work with him to fit in. Instead, they single him out. The help we do get from the social worker and teacher is a dream come true. However, it takes a village to raise a child. We as parents, are not at school to be able to handle everything that our chld does wrong. We rely on the school to act accordingly and handle a child who is different. Their actions are questionable at best. Good luck if your child is different!

Lakewood Creek Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2011
I have three kids that attend Lakewood Creek. I have been involved as a parent helper and am impressed with the school and teachers. One of my children receives services for a hearing impairment and I had one that was put in the reading program. I do not agree with the statement that the school does not care unless your children are gifted or doing well. I beleive that you need to be an involved parent and an advocate for your children. Because of these things my children have been very successful at Lakewood Creek

Posted May 24, 2011
My 2 youngest children went here,then on to Traughber. We live right down the block from the school, so I was heavily involved as a volunteer. The teachers are young, but dedicated and have fresh ideas to help the children along. There are no disciplinary problems here because of the consistency across grades and cooperation of parents. Classes are a little large, but it really had no effect on the quality of the education my children received here. Local parents are, in general, really nice, down-to-earth people. I highly recommend this school!

Posted April 15, 2010
I have 2 children in Lakewood Creek and have had very good experiences with the school. They have plenty of activities for the kids and really focus on importance of skills such as reading. The teachers have been very personable and hands-on with the kids.

Posted April 06, 2010
Needless to say, LCE intructors are doing a great job!!! My seven year old boy has transitioned smoothly from a Montessori based institution since 18 months of age to Mrs. Naegale first grade class. They have reconized my son's abilities early on and after the firs quarter he was placed into Advanced Reading. They are constantly challenging him to think outside his confort zone to draw his attention to continued learning with challenge words and home-based linked exercises. Our pre-school daughter can't wait for first grade at LCE.

Lakewood Creek Elementary School 0

Posted February 23, 2010
I have been a Lakewood Creek parent for 6 years now (K-5th) and have nothing but positive remarks, feelings and emotions for this school and the wonderful staff...all staff from A - Z. They have many extracurricular activities (after school programs and student/family events) and the cost are sooo reasonable. Depending onthe event, Free - $60. Excellent!!! The communication between the staff and parents is excellent! I know this first-hand and have been told this from many many other parents. My son (9) absolutely loves getting up and going to school each day, pretty rare for a energetic, playful 9yr. old boy!! My 5th grader has always loved school, thanks very much to the staff and curriculum. The parent volunteers are awesome! I could go on and on but I won't. Lakewood Creek Elementary is a wonderful educational and life learning institution for our children!! IL State budget...UGH!! Shame!!

Posted February 04, 2009
The reviews of this school are incredibly old. Perhaps when it first opened in 2007 there were some glitches and a learning curve. My daughter is an advanced learner, and they identified her very quickly this school year - 2008/09. they have her in the appropriate groups to keep her interested. The teachers are staff are wonderful and are incredibly involved and available to parents. I do not have enough good things to say about Lakewood. It is a fantastic school.

Posted January 15, 2009

Lakewood Creek Elementary School
2301 Lakewood Creek Drive, Montgomery, IL  60538
Last modified Lakewood Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top