Morris, IL

Shabbona Middle School 5

Posted December 09, 2009
Shabonna School is a great and spectacular school. I believe that this school is the best(especially Mrs Schaefer). Thank You!:)

Shabbona Middle School 5

Posted September 22, 2008
I think the math program is ubove average. The teachers for the most part are caring and enjoy thier job. The princinpal and assistant prin. are great with the children and they work vey hard to keep discipline but in a very fair way

Shabbona Middle School 4

Posted May 15, 2006
- a former student

Shabbona Middle School 2

Posted March 29, 2006

Shabbona Middle School 3

Posted September 08, 2005
I want more parents involvement with this school, our school calendar showed alot for the grade school going on , but hardley anything for shabbona. How terrible!

Shabbona Middle School 3

Posted August 03, 2005
Huge cuts to the quality of education made. Expect significant registration fees. I moved here and never paid such fees in a neighboring state its amazing they cant offer better service despite the generating station loss. I highly feel this is poor planning and improper distribution of assets. Forget Band or sports and expect a high teacher student ratio and a shortened day to accomodate their budget cuts.

Shabbona Middle School 4

Posted February 01, 2005
My children have done very well at Shabbona. The staff is very caring about each child's progress. Unfortunately the district is facing huge financial problems due to the closing of an electrical generating facility. The loss of tax monies has resulted in the cutting of many extracurricular activities or the activities becoming 'pay to play.' A significant number of teaching jobs were cut and the teacher-student ratio has increased. The school still achieves outstanding test scores in the various national and state tests. I suppose there are better schools, but Shabbona does a more than adequate job of educating the children of the district.

Shabbona Middle School 2

Posted August 16, 2003
Teacher to student ratio: too high Have offered help and be involved to help teachers to our children and was turned down always. I cannot believe of what we have to pay for registration and school supplies...the area where we just moved from (Out East) never had us pay for such things. What do our yearly taxes pay for anyway? School building is very old...a big awakening is around the corner if they dont start building a larger or make a secondary school. Puts millions into a elementary school and nothing towards the middle school. Very disappointed with the schooling staff, all we hear from the teachers is there is not enough time to focus on just one child to help... Future parents planning on moving to this area...beware! Private school if I were to do....I wouldn't dare hesitate.

Shabbona Middle School
725 School Street, Morris, IL  60450
Last modified Shabbona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shabbona Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top