Bad
Good

Posted April 26, 2011
I can't wait to get my kids out of this district. The school is completely stuck up and stuck in their own little world. Almost every staff member or teacher has been apart of the community or have strong community connections for like decades. There is a whole other world out there. Full of culture and diversty. I would love to have seen some of that in Saratoga. But it seems on major qualification to have a postion there is that you yourself attended saratoga or have huge community connections.

Saratoga Elementary School 3

Posted March 16, 2011
I unfortunately have to agree with the last posted comment on May 14, 2010. I have lived in Morris for over 36 years. My child goes to Saratoga and has for many years. His Kindergarden experience was awesome. Not only because of the principal (who is now gone), but the teacher. There was great care to make sure each child was taken care of to the best the staff could. Now, the teachers are so overwhelmed and so busy with their own drama that the students are left in the wind. I believe the positive comments posted below are from those parents who act like those described. Morris is a rural community that acts like they can afford to live in New York City.

Posted May 14, 2010
From being a student at this school, I have noticed that the academics are very good but the teachers/staff don't care about the students anymore. Also they are very stuck-up and don't care. Since it left being a 'farmer' school it has become a very unpleasent place to be. The staff from the Jr. High for most part have no patience, they don't respect the kids anymore and they expect the students to respect the teachers but we are getting disrespect anyhow. The staff don't accept 'outsiders' into there learning community. The staff are very disrepectful for 'outsiders' and are being very disorganized, some with there teaching habits. The principles don't care about the students at all anymore as they used to when it was a 'farmer' school. In sports the coach's are very 'stuck up' and they don't treat 'outsiders' well at all.

Posted May 20, 2009
I think this is a negligent school in which they do not discipline the children in accordance to their actions. Would not recommend others to attend...

Posted October 20, 2008
I went to saratoga school when it was the 'farm' school. It had then and still has a very comfortable and safe atmosphere. My children currently attend the school and I would not send them anywhere else. The entire staff knows their names and makes them feel welcome and safe. I am currently looking to purchase a home - only if I can find one in Saratoga School District

Posted August 22, 2007
For the most part Saratoga School is a great school. Small town feel and friendly office staff. The parents are something to be desired. The ' I'm better than you attitude' is a joke! I moved here 5 years ago and am still in shock at this community.

Posted June 14, 2007
My husband and I moved to Morris, Illinois in fall 1999. My children coming from a Catholic school system were at least a year ahead in every subject. Having taught Jr. High students for 16 years, I have a good idea of how a school and staff should operate. I find certain members of the staff at this school have inflated oppinions of themselves and their teaching methods. Both my son and daughter are currently attending four year colleges and have recently told me how much they feel behind other students for having attended such a poor school system in Morris. My advice; if you have the financial resources send your children to ICS. Worst Staff:

Posted May 30, 2007
Saratoga is a wonderful school. The teachers are wonderful and the administrators are great. My third son will be going there to kindergarten this fall so we will have 3 boys there. I am so glad that our family moved to this district 3 years ago!

Posted September 18, 2006
I have 2 children in this school, and am very happy with how well each of them is doing. They have offered my daughter two years in a row an accelerated program in the summer, that she loves. She is always challenged. All of the parents are very involved, and I always feel that the teachers are there to talk whenever there is a concern.

Posted April 06, 2005
I agree with the previous review. There is still a small town feel to Saratoga, and the principal and teachers care about their students. The principal has maintained good discipline and gets around the building. Academically they have done fairly well also. Having good people working there is important to the people running the school.

4040 North Division St, Morris, IL  60450
Last modified Saratoga Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.