Bad
Good

The teachers and staff at this school have been great with my son. The quality of the assignments and instruction has been what I expect. I haven't heard any feedback from my son similar to the other reviewer about silence at lunch or whatever. Sounds like an isolated incident or something that happened in the past, but is definitely not standard practice, now. I'm happy my daughter is starting there this year and I'm looking forward to a great year.

I can not express how disappointed I am in the experience my children have had at this school. There are a few teachers there that need direction on how to interact with parents and children better. The strict lunchtime rules are an issue both my children and I have. Children are not allowed to talk during lunch. My daughter has informed that her "table" was not allow to begin EATING lunch until a teacher decided they were quiet enough. Additionally, my son told me that he was not allowed to eat certain items of his lunch - A lunch I packed him - until he finished other items first. There was also an "incident" where some school official called me to talk my son into going back into his classroom. Apparently, several distraught children were removed from my son's classroom when his teacher let some "situation" escalate to the point where she lost control of her classroom. I never received clarification from the principal, school nurse, or school social worker. The teacher eventually followed up with me after I pursued the issue with the school. These are just a few of the reasons my family has decided to move out of this school district.

Last modified Thomas Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.