Mount Prospect, IL

Posted August 06, 2014
My son is with St.Als for an year. We are so happy with the progress. Teacher and Pricipal are so dedicated and caring. Good religious educuation and they force discipline.I will post more after an year.

Posted February 18, 2014
St. Al has made some wonderful changes in the past two years and the families are absolutely terrific. My child is happy and enjoys tremendous care and attention due to smaller class sizes. The teachers are dedicated and communicative. Academically they have implemented a S.T.E.A.M. program and the students will be well prepared to attend the highly ranked Hersey, Prospect, Wheeling or Viator high schools. Instilling a sense of morals, service and community is important and our child has thrived in this wonderful environment.

Posted January 17, 2013
I have 3 children enrolled at St. Alphonsus Liguori and am very pleased with their academic progress, the teachers and their peer group. I chose to send my children to St. Alphonsus because of their Blue Ribbon standing. School academics is number one on my priority list as well as values and character building. My children are excited about going to school and are suitably challenged by the lessons and projects their teachers have put great effort and thought in planning. I am very impressed by the teachers' creativity and dedication. The parental involvement is inspirational and we share the same values. It's a nice community atmosphere. A lot of great childhood memories are being formed here along with great friendships. The school is also dedicated to instilling a sense of service to others whether it's recycling, food pantry collections or students visiting a nursing home. I know at St. Alphonsus my children are being well formed and well educated.

Posted November 06, 2012
We moved from out-of-state two years ago and enrolled our two children at Saint Alphonsus after looking at several Catholic schools in the Northwest Suburbs. What we liked most about Saint Alphonsus was it's challenging academic programs, which have resulted in the school being awarded the Blue Ribbon of excellence. We also loved the welcoming atmosphere. Both children are excelling academically and reading well above grade level. I would highly recommend Saint Alphonsus.

St Alphonsus Liguori School 2

Posted November 03, 2011
My child has attended this school for six years now. This year, we are working with math and reading textbooks that are between 13 and 17 years old. No additional resources other than reading. New principal this year. Hopefully he makes a difference. Principal rating is for prior principal. Previous one was a joke. Did nothing to stop bullying. Did not like confrontation. Made poor choices when discussing issues with parents. The kids here are spoiled, rude, and do not understand what respect is. Some of the parents just sit back and watch and think, aren't these such great kids? Not. Teachers are quick to label a slow learner as a 'problem child' or one that 'has ADD'. If the public school near me wasn't even worse with dropping grades, my child would be out in a second.

St Alphonsus Liguori School 1

Posted July 01, 2011
If you're thinking of sending your children here think twice. It is full of rich snobby kids who think they are better than everyoney. Teachers are old dried out people, who for no obvious reason still teach. Not to mention the ciriculum is a joke. Religion class? That's a great fourty minutes well spent at the end of the day. The teachers wanna go home just as bad as the kids so it becomes a free-for-all. Another major downfall is discipline. A kid is bullied his whole eight years at this school and not once is something done, because the principal doesn't like confrontation, or the child stands up for himself in the wrong way and he is punished. The school today is full of foreign exchange students and teachers having affairs. What message does that send to the children? Not one I would want my kid to see. I was sent to this school to protect me from being exposed to the bad things of public school, but I was exposed to just as much wrong at St. Alphonsus. For any parent thinking on sending your children to St. Alphonsus, please take this into consideration. This is from the mouth of a student who was treated terribly. The best teacher is Mrs. Fricano.

Posted February 13, 2011
I put my three children through St. Al's. My last child is currently an honor student at St. Viator, a challenging Catholic high school, my middle son is an honor student, business/marketing major at the University of Missouri Columbia, and the other a pre-med honor student at Purdue University. Many of their classmates are doing as well or better, which, I feel, speaks for itself about the quality of this school. However, the most important aspect of this school is that the values being taught to you children are yours, not some principle's progressive agenda. Teachers and administrators are responsive and appropriate in discipline. A bullying incident against my oldest child was handled very well and not tolerated in the least. Your child will be safe there. Participation in athletics is encouraged and the philosophy is teamwork, not victory at all costs, but this philosophy produces very competitive teams. If your child joins a sport, he or she will play, maybe more than they want to at the time.

Posted July 26, 2010
We have been very impressed with the education our children recieve at St. Al's. The teachers and principal could not be nicer, my childrren love it!

St Alphonsus Liguori School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
we are so blessed to have found St Al's for our daughter since pre-school. she is very well mannered and humble compared to other kids from other schools. i like most is the family atmosphere in and out of the school. all parents are very active and interested for the positive concerns of the children. it is a school where someone would be proud she/he is from there. the children and parents alike are joyful. teh teacheres and school staff and the Principal is so very involved. where can you find a principal who addresses almost all the students by their first names? Viva to St Al's ! Viva!

St Alphonsus Liguori School 0

Posted July 05, 2008
My child transfered out of St. Als. Not many resources for special needs children. Also, the teachers use a very traditional style of teaching/discipline. The parent involvement is phenomenal in such a small community. There are many after school activities. Academics are avg. My children were behind in math after transfering to the local public school. They were ahead in reading. I believe it all avgs out once the kids get to high school.

St Alphonsus Liguori School
411 River Front Drive, Mount Prospect, IL  60056
Last modified St Alphonsus Liguori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Alphonsus Liguori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top