PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

SAC has come a long way since its inception in 2000. In a brand new facility in Mt. Prospect, with a brand new administration and faculty/staff since 2013, SAC has been awarded the top school award at the IJAS Illinois Science Fair in 2014 and at CONSEF Fair, as well as recently placing as the 1st school in the Illinois Math League in May 2014. SAC offers affordable, accelerated STEAM education and is a college preparatory school serving grades Prek-3 to 9th grade for the 2014-2015 academic year. The SAC family is very diverse, drawing students and families from over 40 different zip codes in the Chicago land area and suburbs. Our diverse staff and faculty are fully certified educators and administrators that are dedicated to providing every child at SAC with an accelerated STEAM curriculum, extracurricular activities, and the opportunities to be involved in SAC's expansion. We encourage all interested parents and families to inquire about information, to come see the new SAC for yourself, and make a lasting investment in your child's future through our affordable and accelerated STEAM private education.
May 12, 2014

Bad
Good

Posted February 22, 2016
This is a great daycare, and learning environment for toddlers, it is clean and safe place to leave your children. The staff is so friendly and welcoming. I'm so glad I found this amazing place.

Science Academy of Chicago 3

Posted March 26, 2015
Great teachers, dedicated and knowledgeable. Previous Principal was descent, current principal is playing an accountant and all on his mind is budget and fund raising, summer camp to bring more money and that is all. He is not familiar with regular duty of a principal and stays away from that. School does not have an official assistant principal either, so any issues outside of classroom remains unresolved. Communication basically poor, no follow up, no answer, you can leave several emails or voice mail and they do not even call you back and even if you do contact them again and share your concern, nothing happens to resolve your concerns. I would give the teachers 10 out of 10 and anything outside classrooms a zero.

Posted October 19, 2014
This is a fantastic school! I was a student here and all the teachers were nice. No bullying, no drama; just learning at an incredible academic level and having SO much fun. I heard there was a high school now! Exciting stuff!!!! I would recommend this school over any other. I only went here for a year but I made friends that will last me a lifetime. I miss you SAC!! Thanks for getting me ready for high school and beyond. -Submitted by a student

Posted August 27, 2014
Hello all, I graduated from this school in 2012. I now attend Northside College Preparatory High School- the best in the state, a Blue Ribbon School, and somewhere up in the top 50 best high schools in the nation. Coming this far hasn't been easy, and I can honestly say that SAOC was a HUGE factor in my success. The classes offered at SAOC are top-notch. The incredible teachers are what make this education possible, so here's a shoutout to a few of my favorites, Ms. Cavus, Ms. Bagwe, and Mr. Sal (though I loved them all). I have a lot to be grateful for, and SAOC is one of them. I attended SAOC in third grade, but had to leave because my family moved too far away. I attended public school from 4th to 7th grade. At the end of 7th grade, I realized that this public school, where no one really cared about me, was not someplace I wanted to graduate from. I missed the warmth of SAOC. I begged my mom to let me go to SAOC. She finally relented, and I spent a fabulously joyful year laughing and learning with my friends. I learned a lot about myself that year, as I continue to do so. Send your kid(s) here. You won't live to regret it. I promise. :) -Submitted by a proud alum

Posted May 15, 2014
As a critical parent who has a tendency of over scrutinizing anything related to my children, I can say that this school has made the grade! The curriculum is exciting and challenging at the same time, and the teachers and administration are extremely dedicated to and concerned for their students. There have been some bumps on the road, but I was highly impressed by the responsiveness of the teachers and administration who followed up with me every step of the way to make sure the issues were resolved appropriately. The school provides a multitude of extracurricular activities which is important to me, as I believe students should be academically stimulated and provided with enrichment opportunities. I think the school would benefit from increasing the school spirit through sports teams, drama club and other extracurricular activities, and I see that the administration is already mapping out ways to accomplish this in the near future. With responsive and concerned teachers/administration, an engaging curriculum and several after school club options, in addition to reasonable tuition rates, I think SAC is a leading private school in the Greater Chicagoland area.

Posted May 14, 2014
It is great steam school.My children do so many hands on activities in math ,science,computer and social studies classes. Also my daughters did very well at NWA test. I loooove this school

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted May 12, 2014

Posted May 03, 2014
This great college prep school. Small size classrooms and teachers' dedication makes the school excellent place for my children

Posted May 01, 2014
The previous post does not reflect the truth at all! You can find couple of unhappy people at every school. The school is extremely clean. The Cockroach story is a big lie. People may have personal problems with the admin, or school, but it does not let them lie about the school. It is not right! There are hundreds of people sending their kids to this school, why would they do it if their kids are being bullied, or treated differently, etc. Please be rational!

Posted April 28, 2014
I have seen some other schools lately, SAC is my son's best experience so far in terms of schooling. His reading and math level is flourishing day by day. He loves going there. The money that I am paying is surely worth it.

Science Academy of Chicago
501 Midway Drive Suite 101, Mount Prospect, IL  60056
Last modified Science Academy of Chicago is a Private school that serves grades PK-8