Mt Prospect, IL

Forest View Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2014
I don't know why this school has a rating of 9. My son is new to this school and I am REALLY not happy with it (he previously attended Juliette Low-which I HIGHLY recommend). His teacher is great, but I am not impressed with the speech therapist, the principal, the school psychologist or the occupational therapist at this point. If your child has special needs that need immediate attention, DO NOT rely on this school to provide your child with those services, that's for sure. I was told that it is too early in the school year to do evaluations." So....what happened to the concept of EARLY INTERVENTION!? How else would you get a comprehensive overview of a new student? The principal has taken weeks to get back to me regarding getting my son a 4-point harness for his bus, which was supposed to be resolved by the time school started. I have no clue what is going on with my son's speech therapy-I don't even know if it has started yet! Also, I still have not heard anything from the occupational therapist regarding his/her observation of my son in his classroom LAST WEEK. Communication with this school is a real issue for me.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 24, 2013
The school is good , very nice teacher and staf .My doughter love her class and school.

Posted August 22, 2013
Forest View is an excellent school.The school staff are awesome.I am very thankful to all the staff of Forest View.

Forest View Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2013
Academically, this school is very sound. I have no complaints about what my daughter has learned and how well she is progressing. Socially, I think this school leaves much to be desired. Most of these kids have been going to school with each other since kindergarten. I don't think they are open to new faces in the classroom as my daughter was new this year. She had a difficult time making friends. She received two write-ups here (never had this problem before) for things that the school warranted a write-up. However she would come home and tell me what other kids were doing (that were far worse in my opinion) and they never faced any consequences. When I addressed it to the teacher she merely said oh, I wasn't here the days when that happened??!?! So my daugther gets in trouble when you aren't there and the other kids don't when you are there? It made no sense to me and I am happy to say we have moved out of the district.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 28, 2010
My 3 kids all went to Forest View. I think the teachers are great, with a lot of experience. The TDP (gifted) program is excellent. Administration is responsive. The strong PTO is able to provide very nice gifts to the school for the fine arts program, library, physical educations and accellerated reader program. Parents are not constantly bombarded with fundraisers as there is typically only one per school year. This school really embraces its diversity. I would definitely reccommend Forest View.

Forest View Elementary School

Posted April 19, 2010
Because it is a good community school and I was always happy with my childrens' teachers.

Posted June 04, 2009
Forest View is an excellent school.My son is enrolled in the First Grade.He has made tremendous development in all the subjects.His class teacher Mrs.Renu Gandhi is very experienced and the credit goes to her and Mrs Dave.My son is in very good hands and all the school staff including Mrs Wiekert are awesome.I am very thankful to all the staff of Forest View.

Posted May 09, 2007
I think Forest View School is fantastic school. I have had 3 children go through this school and I have been impressed by every teacher. The level of caring is wonderful. The education they are receiving is superb. Mrs Wiekert does a great job and is responsive to the needs of the kids and the parents. I have been actively involved in PTO for the last 10 years and find that the parents do volunteer both their time and their money to enhance the learning opportunities at this school. I cannot imagine my children going to any other school, Forest View is truly like our second home.

Posted November 22, 2005
My pre-school aged son is thriving there in their early childhood learning program. He had a few speech issues that he's quickly overcoming, and he himself is becoming much more confident as well. Needless to say I'm very pleased with the program!

Posted October 24, 2005
Forest View is a terrific school that has Preschool up to Grade 5. My child is in the LOP Program(Learning Opportunities Program)which is a great program for children with learning disabilities. The class is small(10 students) and there is a lot of one on one instruction. There is also a teacher's aide to help out. The school day is very structured, with many opportunities for the LOP students to have some of their classes with the mainstream classrooms. The teachers are terrific. My child has come a long way in the two years she has attended this school. Students are also taught that character counts. They are learning how to be good citizens. Parents are encouraged to be a part of their children's education, and the Parents and Teachers work very well together for the betterment of the student.

Forest View Elementary School
1901 West Estates Drive, Mt Prospect, IL  60056
Last modified Forest View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top