Mt Prospect, IL
Students enrolled: 2,127

Prospect High School 3

Posted August 21, 2014
Just a few days into the school year and issues already. Hopefully I write a better review in the next months. Warning to parents of incoming freshman: it is hard to get a response from anyone here. You leave messages for questions about bus routes or processes new to your student and nobody calls you back. It is the ideal bureaucracy. Then there's the stupid Ipads. Issues setting it up because Prospect necessary apps not downloading and that's the student's fault? Get out pen and paper teachers and start teaching! Don't know what's special about Prospect... maybe it's just that the other high schools are worse.

Prospect High School 3

Posted June 03, 2014
If this one of the top schools in our country, we are in a sorry state. I am not down on Prospect, but it is nothing special. The sports programs are average. But the teachers are hardly inspirational. The school handed my kid an ipad and the teachers complained he was distracted during class by the ipad. What they were expecting? They gave him a 700 dollar entertainment system to use in class and he lost interest in adverbs - imagine that!!! I will say the special ed teachers are hard working and I appreciate their commitment.

Posted May 14, 2014
Prospect High School is a school for students who want to do something with their lives. Students who achieve at Prospect study their materials and do their homework and if needed, go to the Math and Science Resource Room or recently added Knight's Learning Center to be certain they understand the materials they are going to be tested on. As with any public high school, there are immature teenagers and bullies but the majority of the teens work hard in their studies. Teachers and staff will put in extra hours to help students but students must take the initiative. In addition, Prospect has great sports and arts programs as well as clubs that most students will enjoy. If students want to excel at Prospect they have to be the ones to work hard and create a relationship with their students. Lazy kids don't like Prospect because the majority of the students are hard working and A students.

Prospect High School 1

Posted March 15, 2014
Students and teachers in this school are bullies. If you try to reach out for help, you DO NOT get it. I still have not recovered from the abuse I had gotten from my peers. Whatever you do, don't force your child through a school like this.

Posted March 04, 2014
Prospect High School. My daughter was failing in many classes at the beginning of the year. It doesn't matter how smart your child is, if they refuse to do the homework, they will fail! She has since been super motivated by a caring Math teacher. She now has an A in Algebra, and all of her grades have risen. Prospect has many opportunities for extracurricular activities, including driver's ed. I have taken my job as parent seriously, and kept in touch with the teachers and threatened to withhold those extracurricular activities. The teachers do not want the students to fail but they need the parent's support to help motivate the students. Get involved.

Prospect High School 1

Posted February 28, 2014
Just to add exactly what the previous commentor said, this school is failing. My son is most likely the latest school dropout from Prospect. After 9 years of receiving an education from private schools and achieving the 'exceeding standards' scores on ACT tests alongside SAT test preps, somehow here he is a failing student, failing almost every single subject in Prospect through his 3 years of attending. No matter what you do in this school to raise your grade up, somehow you still fail. With a high hope, Prospect will find true educators who could teach today's youth.

Prospect High School 2

Posted May 29, 2013
I agree with the parent who said that the kids are not supported, especially in the Math Department. God forbid your child stays home sick for a day or two. The teachers do not want to accept "late" homework after an illness and it is a battle to get these people to even communicate with me in a civil manner. Unfortunately the majority of Prospect teachers these days are just kids themselves, fresh out of college with no maturity and no professionalism. I've had two other children graduate from Prospect and it was a wonderful school for them. The current teaching staff, with a few more mature exceptions, act like bullies and have no ability to actually teach. A person who reads from a book is not a teacher. A person who does not help those who need assistance is not a teacher. A person who belittles a teen who is trying to learn is not a teacher. Prospect needs to grow up.
2 people found this helpful

Prospect High School 2

Posted December 31, 2012
My son is at this school and in the special ed program. He has been in 2 sports and on the B honor role.This year it seems like there is a lot of things missing. He has missed out on a quality language arts program. The special ed department seems to want to keep the kids in their section and not move them out into the general population. We are looking forward to graduation..... I think if you stay in the box you are expected to be in then your student will suceed....if you don't then you will be crushed and not supported. This is the first year we have been not supported by the special ed department and the gen ed teachers do a better job without their asisstance. I think that most of the parents in our situation are worn out by the time their kids get into HS and the lack of compassion is really telling. Graduation here we come!

Posted May 09, 2011
The school is great, and the teachers really great with students. The athletic department is dominant here.

Posted May 09, 2011
We had two children go through this school and I can say we were extremely pleased with the academic, music and sports programs. Both our children were involved in honors and AP classes while being athletes and musicians. Our daughter graduated with scholarships for academic, athletic and music. Our son graduated with academic and sport scholarship offers . The school is what you choose to make it. We as parents were very pleased how PHS prepared our kids for college. When challenges were presented it built character! The tougher the competition the harder the kids had to work! Our children did extremely well. We were very pleased.

Prospect High School
801 West Kensington Road, Mt Prospect, IL  60056
Last modified Prospect High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prospect High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top