No rating

Fairhaven School

Public | PK-1 | 246 students

Sweep tile

Posted June 25, 2013

Bad school if your child is academically above the average. Social worker, principal were very good, caring. And whole day KG is not good idea, but I can understand working parents, free KG vs paid afterschool care.

Posted August 6, 2010

The teachers are excellent and so is this administration. Their academic programs are top notch!

Posted June 11, 2010

We chose to live in this district - My 3rd child is at Fairhaven, and we love the pre-K to 1st grade format - EVERYONE in the building loves being with the little guys and is focussed on the same thing - creating a strong foundation in literacy. The district values the arts, p.e., library, computers and sees them as part of the curriculum, not "add-ons." The small class size helps foster a positive learning environment.

Posted June 8, 2010

A warm, caring, nurturing environment for children begin their academic career. My three children went through Fairhaven and left with strong educational foundations. The school also worked to build their self-confidence. The small class size is terrific, as were all of the classes that the kids got to enjoy through the course of a week.

Posted June 8, 2010

A great start for my children! This school surpassed my expectations for my boys. I was so nervous to send them to kindergarten but it was such a nurturing environment. The staff was so loving and made my boys feel special and put me at ease. They welcome parent involvement which is important for the age. Loved this school!!!

Posted June 8, 2010

Excellent Reading program! The Principal is really engaged in making this a great school! I loved the caring of the staff towards our children at this young age. My kids really liked going to school everyday.

Posted June 8, 2010

My children finished Fairhaven last year being 2009. Our children went to preschool and then graduated to Fairhaven with Kindergarten being all day. Concerned with our young children going to all day Kindergarten; they enjoyed it immensely. Always coming home and singing songs. Our children were eager to learn and that was helped with teachers interacting and working with the students. Our children were part of the dual language program (one week english and one week spanish). Great to hear students knowing two languages.

Posted September 7, 2008

My daughter went thru 2 years of Pre K and is now in Kindy at Fairhaven. It has received Best in Excellence for their reading program. I'm extremely satisfied with the teachers and the curriculum! My daughter was well prepared for full day kindergarten!! The office staff could be better but the teachers are what matters most!! I will miss this school and district when we move next year!!

Posted July 30, 2007

The academic programs here are good for the most part. They do have a dual language program but only if you start in Kindergarten.

Posted October 8, 2006

Spectacular literacy program that is nationally recognized. Principal and teachers are excellent. Parent involvement is very high. On any given day there seems to be as many parents in the building as there are kids.

Posted September 28, 2006

This is a spectacular school district! It is focused on high standards and high achievement for all students and it delivers. I love the diversity in the district. I have a junior at Stevenson High School who attended District 76 for all 9 grades and she was more than competitively prepared when she went to high school.

Posted August 26, 2003

Great Dual Language Program!

Asian 8% 4%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

• Mrs. Tanya Fergus

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

634 Countryside Highway