Mundelein, IL

Fairhaven School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
ZERO STARS!!!! Worst experience of my life sending my child to this school. This school needs to be SHUT DOWN. I cry everyday because of the complete lack of education my daughter is receiving..and the COMPLETE one sided-ness to this school is just despicable. It is a horrible feeling as a parent knowing that the school you are sending them to is doing more harm than good. Every single aspect of this school is horrendous. There is basically NO cirriculum, NO goals, NO idea of what my child should be getting out of this by the end of year. This is basically a "free" babysitting service and nothing more. We need to stand together as parents in this district to ensure that we have acceptable and adequate public school options for our children. We need to stand together as parents to get this school shut down! My husband and I are basically left with no other choice other than pulling our child out of this school. Be warned parents - DON'T DO IT because you will regret it.

Fairhaven School 1

Posted June 25, 2013
Bad school if your child is academically above the average. Social worker, principal were very good, caring. And whole day KG is not good idea, but I can understand working parents, free KG vs paid afterschool care.

Posted August 06, 2010
The teachers are excellent and so is this administration. Their academic programs are top notch!

Posted June 11, 2010
We chose to live in this district - My 3rd child is at Fairhaven, and we love the pre-K to 1st grade format - EVERYONE in the building loves being with the little guys and is focussed on the same thing - creating a strong foundation in literacy. The district values the arts, p.e., library, computers and sees them as part of the curriculum, not "add-ons." The small class size helps foster a positive learning environment.

Posted June 08, 2010
A warm, caring, nurturing environment for children begin their academic career. My three children went through Fairhaven and left with strong educational foundations. The school also worked to build their self-confidence. The small class size is terrific, as were all of the classes that the kids got to enjoy through the course of a week.

Posted June 08, 2010
A great start for my children! This school surpassed my expectations for my boys. I was so nervous to send them to kindergarten but it was such a nurturing environment. The staff was so loving and made my boys feel special and put me at ease. They welcome parent involvement which is important for the age. Loved this school!!!

Posted June 08, 2010
Excellent Reading program! The Principal is really engaged in making this a great school! I loved the caring of the staff towards our children at this young age. My kids really liked going to school everyday.

Fairhaven School 4

Posted June 08, 2010
My children finished Fairhaven last year being 2009. Our children went to preschool and then graduated to Fairhaven with Kindergarten being all day. Concerned with our young children going to all day Kindergarten; they enjoyed it immensely. Always coming home and singing songs. Our children were eager to learn and that was helped with teachers interacting and working with the students. Our children were part of the dual language program (one week english and one week spanish). Great to hear students knowing two languages.

Fairhaven School 4

Posted September 07, 2008
My daughter went thru 2 years of Pre K and is now in Kindy at Fairhaven. It has received Best in Excellence for their reading program. I'm extremely satisfied with the teachers and the curriculum! My daughter was well prepared for full day kindergarten!! The office staff could be better but the teachers are what matters most!! I will miss this school and district when we move next year!!

Fairhaven School 2

Posted July 30, 2007
The academic programs here are good for the most part. They do have a dual language program but only if you start in Kindergarten.

Fairhaven School