Mundelein, IL

Posted July 01, 2014
I am so impressed with MG! Some highlights: -Use of the 7 Habits of Successful students throughout school -Free after school enrichment classes such as lego robotics, yearbook, ect. -New after school science and math program for gifted students -Excellent principal -Emphasis on technology (coding lessons, keyboarding, ect) I am a district mom and a teacher in another district and I am nothing but impressed!

Posted August 13, 2012
In redard to last post. I do agree that Lincoln was a better school. However, the students do get fed. It may be cereal but they do get fed. It is your own fault if you forgot to consider how your child will eat that day. Your childs nourishment and diet is upon you. Dont forget to send your child without lunch or snacks and dont blame others if you did. I was disappointed that they closed Lincoln. But I was happy that they decided to hire Lincolns Principal.( no names). I was also happy that my child was assigned to the same teacher from Lincoln. (no names). And one other thing. They do have a "gifted" program and your child was most likely tested. If you did not receive a letter explaining how the program works or what the qualifications are, your child may not have been in the running or your are simply not reading your mail or the letters sent in your childs folder that they are supposed to bring home to you everyday. Its a boomerang folder. Have you seen this? Cause if you are careless about what is happening with your child its on you. If you forget to feed your child dinner should the school call you? cause thats what it sounds like. Read what they send you.

Posted February 28, 2012
MG is not Lincoln School. This year has been a rough transition for families accustomed to the progressive teaching model of Lincoln school. D.75 closed Lincoln and consolidated 3-5 at MG without much input from the community. That being said, the principal from Lincoln is here at MG and there is a good start at changing the culture. Communication was poor, and teachers seemed dazed at first. I think there is a good core here and MG will be fine next year. The D 75 school board is now making efforts to reach out to parents for input, and the MG principal has installed many progressive models in the school again. One concern I have is with the lunches. The quality of the food is poor and they have, on occasion, had kids go without lunch when they forget their lunch money or bag lunch; without communicating to the parents this is going to happen. The overall education is good if your student does not require a more enriching environment. If you think your student is gifted or advanced, you should consider another option, MG doesn't even have pull-out or enrichment programs, let alone gifted education, for advanced students. MG will meet but not exceed the state standard

Mechanics Grove Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2011
I hate this school. I call and ask a question, and no one knows the answer. I get no feed back on my child until after there was an issue. I am so glad she will only be there 6 more months. I find the teachers, and the ladies in the front office very rude.

Mechanics Grove Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
MG is a great school! The teachers are wonderful, the principal is caring and my kids enjoy going every day!

Mechanics Grove Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2008
This is the best school I have ever seen in my life. I know this words are quite old, but the real fact is I can see the diffrence in my kid which I was hoping when I was in school, so I definately said that MG is born to create diffrence in the educational world of America.

Posted January 31, 2008

Posted January 15, 2008
I am very proud to have my child going to a wonderful school. Ms. Thomas is a great teacher and we will miss her when Julie leaves next year.

Posted February 14, 2007
Excellent school. Both my kids love it here.

Posted September 27, 2005

Mechanics Grove Elementary School
1200 North Midlothian Road, Mundelein, IL  60060
Last modified Mechanics Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mechanics Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top