Mundelein, IL

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
We have 2 children in District 75 now, and Washington Elementary is a high quality school filled with enthusiastic, skilled educators. The teachers we have encountered are skilled at dealing with students of multiple learning levels and addressing issues so students can excel at their own pace. We are highly satisfied with the academic progress of our Kindergarten student. Communication with the teachers and administrative staff is timely, helpful, and always conveyed in a respectful manner. The technology is integrated into the classroom, but it does not overwhelm lessons. There is not much we can do about Common Core, we must deal with it for now. The teachers do their best to overcome the State required limitations and instill creativity and problem solving into the classrooms. I wish that District 75 would re-open Lincoln School and make class sizes across the district smaller. (That is more an issue for the school district and Village of Mundelein's TIF district...) Compared to the CPS system we moved away from, this district is a utopia.

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2013
This is a great place for kids. The school is located in a quiet neighborhood and has a new playground. Most, if not all, of the classrooms have smartboards. The kids have a nice library to check out books, special iPad days, computer learning and a nice gym to play in when the weather get too cold. I highly recommend this school to people considering moving to the area. The teachers my sons have had are quick to respond to concerns I have had, which are few.

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted June 30, 2009
My daughter recently finished K-Garten here and I couldn't be happier! It is wonderful that this is just for grades K and 1 so there's a real focus on early education and development. By the end of her first year, she was reading 2nd grade material, doing addition, subtraction and simple multiplication! Her teacher, Mrs. Hugo, is simply outstanding as is the principal, Mrs. Licke. I could not have been happier! If you want a school that fosters learning, social development in a fun environment, Washington school can't be beat!

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted January 08, 2008
Washington Elementary is a wonderful kindergarten and 1st grade school. I love that they have just these two grades. The principal (Mr. Pittman) is fantastic! The teachers are phenomenal. It could use some air conditioning! But the staff does a great job with what they have. I enjoy being in such a diverse neighborhood. A+ from me. -Parent of a kindergartener at Washington

Washington Elementary School
122 South Garfield Avenue, Mundelein, IL  60060
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Washington Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top