No rating

Carmel Catholic High School

Private | 9-12 | 362 students

Living in Mundelein

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $195,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,100.

Posted November 15, 2013

Carmel high school has a wonderful academic program, state of the art fine arts and science centers, top notch, dedicated teachers and a 4 time blue ribbon recognition for excellence. My daughter has excelled and as a sophmore takikng a pre-ACT scored above average in all areas. It is a hard school and requires commitment and discipline -- unruly behavior is not allowed and you need to follow the rules. But the rewards are great for those who do. Highly recommended!

Posted July 10, 2013

We currently have 2 children at Carmel and we absolutely love everything about it. For those of you who don't like it - you don't have to go there. That is one of the nice things about Carmel - you chose to go there. My kids love it!!!! There is a GREAT sense of community and respect, yet it is fun and lively.

Posted March 4, 2013

As a parent, I am disappointed in the quality of some of the teachers at Carmel Catholic. There are some classes my student is in where the teacher cannot control the class and spends the whole class reprimanding the class instead of teaching the basics to the students. Therefore the students are left to learn the material by themselves on their new tablets. The tablets were a terrible choice to make by the school. Half of the time my students tablet is not functioning correctly. Also, the sports program is very political. The coaches make demands of the players while training to try out for a sport, then when try outs come, they don't follow thru with the demands and the players who cannot meet the demands, make the team. I'm very disappointed in the school, and would not recommend it. Save your mone!

Posted January 30, 2013

Carmel Catholic is an amazing school to be apart of. I recently graduated from Carmel. Looking back, I could see that their academics pushed me to be the best that I could be. I thought that getting used to Carmel's grading scale was hard. Now that I'm at college, school seems easy for me now. I have learned all of the necessary skills of organization, planning ahead, studying and many more from them. I couldn't ask for anything else. If you want to have your kids have a great education plus having another place to call home. Please pick Carmel. They will not regret it!!

Posted July 20, 2011

I'm so blessed to be a part of the Carmel Community. After transferring to Carmel from Mundelein (public high school down the street) I was amazed by the sense of family. They we're so willing to help during my transferring processes, making me feel welcomed and giving me all the information I need about school and sport tryouts. The students here are just as wonderful! They are all welcoming and supportive, making friends at Carmel was a breeze! They challange you in academics, I feel so much more prepared in the long run. My parents, also, love this school more than I do! They enjoy knowing how safe this school is and that I'm getting the best education. So excitied for school to start up again!

Posted July 12, 2011

Strong academics, many alumni with not only bachelor's degrees but also advanced degrees. As an alum, I only had good times there. They really taught me how to study and it helped when I arrived at Illinois (Champaign-Urbana).

Posted September 25, 2010

My daughter is a freshman at Carmel and I am blown away by the sense of family that the school demonstrates. Kids, teachers and parents work together in a way have have never remotely seen in a public institution. Strong moral values and transparent and frequent communication with parents is really driving our daughter to excel.

Posted June 11, 2010

We have been very pleased with our first year experience at Carmel. Our child was able to take a leadership position in an extra curricular, made great friends, and had a strong academics in the Honors Program. Teachers communicate well with parents - there seems to be strong parental involvement and a great sense of community here.

Posted March 5, 2010

As a parent of a student at Carmel I have been very disappointed with the quality of some of the teachers. I am also convinced that politics plays a key role in determining which students are selected for extra-curricular activities. (sports,street scenes,etc)

Posted January 23, 2009

I love Carmel. My kids love Carmel. It is truly a second home to my kids and I and the students, faculty, and parrents are like a second family. I am on my third child at Camel, and my views on Carmel have gotten better by the year. I have nothing bad to say about it. My kids have absolutely loved it. I have one graduate and he is so thankful for his Carmel education. He always tells me how prepared he was when he first went to college. And I also have another son that it going through the application process right now and Carmel is very involved in giving him the best opportunities.Carmel is just an all around great school. I absolutely love it.

Posted January 15, 2009

As a current student of Carmel Catholic Highschool I believe that this is the greatest school on American soil. Not only does this school provide me with great education but it also has given me many life lessons. Also, Carmel has given me the ability to succeed in my sports around the greatest coaching and other athletes around me. Carmel has made me a better person and I look forward to everyday at Carmel.

Posted November 10, 2007

What can I say, this was an awesome school.

Posted August 21, 2007

My daugther just graduated from Carmel and as parents we could not have asked for a high school to provide a better enviroment for academics, athletics and development of an sense of ethics and morality. They truly develope values that will live a lifetime. The willingness of the teachers to provide additional time for students was fabulous. The sense of community my daughter developed will be with her for a life time. I can totally understand why generation after generations insist on sending their children to Carmel.

Posted January 29, 2007

'Values that last a lifetime' is their motto. Strong Honors & AP program. Teachers are devoted/inspiring and took extra time when our daughter needed help. The educational environment raises the bar for each student to do their very best. It was amazing to see her maturity/leadership qualities strengthened during her 4 years at Carmel. They are solid in sports/arts & offered plenty of extracurricular activities. Parent involvement is exceptional on all levels (especially Fundraisers). Our daughter excelled at Carmel.

Posted December 14, 2006

Carmel does a great job preparing students for college and giving them the tools to be successful. Teachers and administration care very much about the students and 'Carmel Family.' Great educational experience for our kids!

Posted September 3, 2004

Great school, gives kids the tools they need to succeed in college and life. Teaches them to apply christian values in everyday life. As a former graduate (along with 3 siblings), I made sure my kids(2) went to Carmel, to give them the head start that I had.

Posted February 23, 2004

Great school, high academic quality. Faculty interacts well with both students and parents.

Posted February 23, 2004

New science wing opened February 2004 with ten state-of-the-art classrooms with deskside computers, plasma screens for instruction, and much more. High level of parental involvement. Students participate in Kairos retreat before graduating that is a positive and transformative experience. Student morale and kindness to each other is high.

Posted August 26, 2003

Great School. Lots of activities, clubs, sports. Great teachers - staff has both older mature experienced teachers along with young fresh ready to conquer the world teachers. Positive campus attitude. Discipline and consistent attitudes toward keeping students together.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Lynne Strutzel
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Chicago

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1 Carmel Parkway