9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Carmel Catholic High School 2

Posted October 29, 2015
Disappointed at the poor sportsmanship demonstrated by Carmel coaches, parents and students at a game I attended. Would expect more from a Catholic school. Isn't that why you send your children to a parochial school, so they are taught to be good moral people? Or is it to learn to win at all costs? WWJD?

Posted April 22, 2015
All four of our children attended and graduated from Carmel. I cannot say enough good things about this school...academically, spiritually, socially and athletically superior. We got more than our money's worth.

Posted November 14, 2014
I attended Carmel, as a transfer student,who was placed in a foster home my senior year.graduated1971. Discipline was strong but JUST. I was caught smoking in the bathroom and I was suspended for 3 days. Could have been worse, but I think my foster family pleaded for me. The teachers(mostly nuns) were all fantastic. Luckily I came from a good catholic school because I did adapt fairly well. I am thankful for such a great educational opportunity. The care and councilling helped me get my life back in perspective. I'm sure prayer was the most important part that the sisters did for me. I chose not to go to college.The job market was where I was attracted to. I a. Very dedicated to my Christian Church here I teach elementary sunday school as well as being involved in a life group bible study. Thank you for your support, training,and all those prayers. I don't know what I would have done if I wasn't accepted at CRmel High School. God bless you.

Posted November 15, 2013
Carmel high school has a wonderful academic program, state of the art fine arts and science centers, top notch, dedicated teachers and a 4 time blue ribbon recognition for excellence. My daughter has excelled and as a sophmore takikng a pre-ACT scored above average in all areas. It is a hard school and requires commitment and discipline -- unruly behavior is not allowed and you need to follow the rules. But the rewards are great for those who do. Highly recommended!

Posted July 10, 2013
We currently have 2 children at Carmel and we absolutely love everything about it. For those of you who don't like it - you don't have to go there. That is one of the nice things about Carmel - you chose to go there. My kids love it!!!! There is a GREAT sense of community and respect, yet it is fun and lively.

Carmel Catholic High School 1

Posted March 04, 2013
As a parent, I am disappointed in the quality of some of the teachers at Carmel Catholic. There are some classes my student is in where the teacher cannot control the class and spends the whole class reprimanding the class instead of teaching the basics to the students. Therefore the students are left to learn the material by themselves on their new tablets. The tablets were a terrible choice to make by the school. Half of the time my students tablet is not functioning correctly. Also, the sports program is very political. The coaches make demands of the players while training to try out for a sport, then when try outs come, they don't follow thru with the demands and the players who cannot meet the demands, make the team. I'm very disappointed in the school, and would not recommend it. Save your mone!

Posted January 30, 2013
Carmel Catholic is an amazing school to be apart of. I recently graduated from Carmel. Looking back, I could see that their academics pushed me to be the best that I could be. I thought that getting used to Carmel's grading scale was hard. Now that I'm at college, school seems easy for me now. I have learned all of the necessary skills of organization, planning ahead, studying and many more from them. I couldn't ask for anything else. If you want to have your kids have a great education plus having another place to call home. Please pick Carmel. They will not regret it!!

Posted July 20, 2011
I'm so blessed to be a part of the Carmel Community. After transferring to Carmel from Mundelein (public high school down the street) I was amazed by the sense of family. They we're so willing to help during my transferring processes, making me feel welcomed and giving me all the information I need about school and sport tryouts. The students here are just as wonderful! They are all welcoming and supportive, making friends at Carmel was a breeze! They challange you in academics, I feel so much more prepared in the long run. My parents, also, love this school more than I do! They enjoy knowing how safe this school is and that I'm getting the best education. So excitied for school to start up again!

Posted July 12, 2011
Strong academics, many alumni with not only bachelor's degrees but also advanced degrees. As an alum, I only had good times there. They really taught me how to study and it helped when I arrived at Illinois (Champaign-Urbana).

Posted September 25, 2010
My daughter is a freshman at Carmel and I am blown away by the sense of family that the school demonstrates. Kids, teachers and parents work together in a way have have never remotely seen in a public institution. Strong moral values and transparent and frequent communication with parents is really driving our daughter to excel.

Carmel Catholic High School
1 Carmel Parkway, Mundelein, IL  60060
Last modified Carmel Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12