Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted March 02, 2016
They failed my child academically from K-4. The situation forced me to hire a child advocate and as soon as we had our first meeting while the child advocate was present the school handed me everything on a SilverPlatter. Things I had asked for and been turned down are the same things I received and more after the Child Advocate was hired. But it cost a lot of money to get them to give in. And I for one feel that that is a terrible way to run your school, they have to be threatened before they take action. They can't just read the child's test scores and understand he or she may need extra help. In my opinion that's no way to run a school . Personally it's disgraceful.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 02, 2016
They do not pay attention until the parent gets involved. And even then they pretend to listen. It's only when you hire someone that they really listen.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted March 02, 2016
I feel they have compassion for special need students only. They need to have compassion for all their students .

Posted July 03, 2014
The most unprofessional and incompetent leadership staff imaginable. Unresponsive, fails to follow basic district guidelines.

Maplebrook Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2013
I would agree with the earlier parents comments about IEPs and addressing children's disabilities. We are about to go to our third meeting for a plan for our child. He has also experienced problems because of the "problem solving plans" being partially implemented (the specials teachers were not informed) and the problem solving plans were taken away without our knowledge. There is also lack of consistent documentation in our case. There is little support for the social and behavioral difficulties the child's disability causes as long as academic grades are good enough. The school has many great academic, fine arts and philanthropic opportunities. The band and choral programs are amazing. But helping a child cope and manage with a disability takes a great deal of parental monitoring and involvement at this school.

Posted February 13, 2013
A great school that provides committed teachers, a well rounded education and a great sense of community. There are programs designed for all talent levels and the instruction is based on the varying levels of educational talent. Teachers are very accessible and the children are greatly prepared for the next level of education!

Posted September 10, 2011
\Quite possibly the worst school for a special needs kid. I have a child with special needs at this school. I have attended IEP meetings in which the so-called "team" sits there and makes decisions for your child's program and does not want to consider the parent's knowledge of their child. In addition, they make changes to your child's program without informing you. They also employ "Crisis Intervention" techniques that only escalate the child. The communication from teachers and aides is poor at best and they seem to downplay any bad days the child has, and do not document it. I am utterly disappointed in these folks, they do not have my childs best interests at all...it is all about saving a buck, and providing the least amount of services they can get away with! Stay away from this school if your child has special needs!

Maplebrook Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2010
For the most part, this is a great school - very involved parents. Most of the teachers my kids have had have been excellent. My only gripe has been that the principal is a bit too concerned with decorating and landscaping rather than the children's welfare.

Posted September 02, 2009
We moved here three years ago, and my son entered Maplebrook in third grade. I was concerned about how he would meet other kids, if he would make friends, etc. Well, the environment was so nurturing and friendly, that he easily met kids and made friends. The Home School Association is strong (I was on it) and my son was in the Gifted/Talented program, which was amazing; the teacher was superb. All of the teachers care about kids. The principal appears to be a little detached, but when you get to know her, she is extremely concerned and engaged. My only criticism is the red tape you have to go through, to be a room parent or to get involved, in any way. But that is only because so many parents want to help out, there. A great experience for my son.

Posted June 01, 2008
I worked at this school and can tell you that it is as wonderful as everyone makes it sound!

1630 Warbler Dr, Naperville, IL  60565
Last modified Maplebrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.