Posted August 29, 2013
I went to NCHS for a year and never have I felt so welcome in a school. To all those people complaining about having no friends, well, you're not trying. The school is amazing, and yes there is one really bad teacher, but apart from that best school ever!

Naperville Central High School 4

Posted September 09, 2011
No big problems except for a handful of teachers who shouldn't be teaching here (or anywhere else for that matter) yet are still on staff. Your kids will find out who these "rotten eggs" are as it is common knowledge among the students. However, there are some great teachers here and in general the student body and parents are above average. The school has been remodeled and is now updated and modern. Activities are numerous and your kids should be able to find the right mix of academics and socializing. I have sent three kids here and am satisfied with results.

Posted June 03, 2011
as good as any school around including parental involvement and community support. Unlike some other highly ranked schools Naperville Central does not have a seelctive entrance policy (for example like private Catholic schools or magnet schools) yet it gets test results that are comparable. We have expreinced tha full range of needs from gifted to special needs children attend NCHS and have always had a great experience

Posted April 03, 2011
I have to disagree with a lot of these posts... I just graduated from NCHS last year and easily got into every college I applied to. But, that happens at a lot of high schools. However, Central prepared me for college and I can tell that I am more prepared than a lot of my peers here at college. It is a great school with great teachers. Also, the school community is very close and gives everyone the opportunity to "fit in". I could not have had a better high school experience.

Naperville Central High School 0

Posted May 01, 2010
I have to disagree with those who have written that Naperville Central only cares about high achieving students. The administration of this school works very hard to help kids who might otherwise not graduate by finding just the right place for them either at NCHS itself or in a number of other programs in place around the district . Most of the kids helped in this way graduate from Central and go on to college. The amount of effort that goes into making sure kids do not fall through the cracks is something that is not seen in other school districts around the country. We have moved around a lot and have had our kids in a number of schools so what I say here is not arbitrary or baseless. I am extremely happy with the education our oldest child received the 4 years she spent at Naperville

Naperville Central High School 3

Posted March 24, 2010
First off, people need to separate the qualities of a school from the qualities of a community. NCHS is located in Naperville whose residents are predominantly college-educated professionals, engineers, and executives. The children of such people would do well just about anywhere because the parents are involved and motivated to see their children succeed. Naperville Central (as well as other 203/204 schools) is staffed by teachers and administrators who delight in patting themselves on the back for the achievements of students for whom they did little. I have personally had to teach my child basic subjects from the 2nd grade on up or watch Naperville schools fail them. NCHS has good teachers and bad like anywhere else, but far too often, the staff get away with mediocrity because the kids are generally smart and supported at home. In short, don't believe the hype or test scores.

Naperville Central High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Their ability to reinvent education to encompass every student's ability.

Posted September 12, 2009

Naperville Central High School 4

Posted August 09, 2009
I just graduated for nchs and as far as these one star ratings i highly disagree. Honestly, I'm insulted. Yes, the school's appearance may not be high quality but as far as what school is supposed to be- a place of learning and growth- naperville central is 100% all of that. Let's look at how many national merits we had in my graduating class of 2009 alone. Most high schools are lucky to have one! Naperville Central makes it easy to get involved and provides a path for every student. Whatever a teen might want to do the school provides it. Theatre, newspaper, dance, sports, art, anime, video game clubs, student councils, deca, and so much more! as a freshman you are required to learn about all the extracurriculars we have. Naperville moms just like to complain!

Posted June 26, 2009

Naperville Central High School
440 Aurora Avenue, Naperville, IL  60540
Last modified Naperville Central High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12
Naperville Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top