Naperville North High School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
Worst school ever. Will not be pleased with staff. Teachers do not take time with you. Too many students in the classroom.

Posted March 11, 2014
As a proud graduate of the class of 2013, I can honestly say that NNHS was quite a positive experience. The teachers and faculty genuinely care about students' needs - when needed, they will take you aside to talk to you about how you are doing in that class. They WANT you to succeed. The ones I had were all, without exception, loving and caring people who truly enjoy what they do. I have even gone back to see some of them again. Although I didn't have a strong circle of friends, the overall positive experience I had at North was more than enough to compensate for that. For once, I fel like I shined. If you have an interest in helping people, I highly recommend becoming a student peer to the multi-needs students. It is extremely rewarding, and one of the best decisions I made. Just seeing the students' smiling faces made my days at North that much brighter. :) I will always have fond memories of this school - whether it be the fun theme days for Homecoming and Spring Weeks, or just the overall energetic, vibrant, positive mood this school creates. Especially the devoted teachers and faculty. :) North does a GREAT job of preparing you for college.

Posted December 01, 2013
Despite what current students may say, the regular courses are far more difficult than ones at other high schools. The staff are very caring and willing to help if you communicate with them. Overall it's a very good school.

Naperville North High School 1

Posted May 23, 2013
This school is by far lacking its values and morals. The staff is rather too laid back or too strict, they work for the money not for their quality in position. It's a big school that decreases a students individualized attention. I would highly un-recommend this school district.

Posted April 16, 2013
I wouldn't read to much into reviews from current students. Of course they are going to be upset about small things. They aren't able to appreciate what a good school North is while they're still students. I graduated in 2008 with good but not great grades, and was very prepared for college. A lot of my college classmates struggled during their freshman year because they weren't used to the difficulty and the course-load, but I found that my freshman classes were (for the most part) no more challenging than high school. So there was no big adjustment for me (this was at a top 25 public university). On top of the academics, North has a great faculty, and tons of events to keep the students happy and engaged. After talking with college friends about our high school experience, I fully realize what a great school North is.

Naperville North High School 3

Posted March 12, 2013
It'd be great if not for the subtle racism and lack of discipline for the unruly students. There's an untrustworthy cop. If one kid is sitting on the floor near their locker during lunch time, their told to find a seat even if there aren't any seats available yet if he sees multiple kids doing the same thing, he just ignores it. He also gives the evil eye to innocent kids for no reason (to clarify I graduated this place in 2009, he may not be there anymore). On Graduation Day, a white kid was allowed to wear their robe inside, but a non-white kid was asked to take their robe off before setting foot inside the school. I can honestly say that I have been harassed and the teachers while fully aware of it yet most of them did nothing but stand by and let it happen. Most of the classes are okay though. Not good, but not horrible either.

Posted November 06, 2012
I was a student that studied at Naperville North from freshman to junior year and then moved to another high school of slightly higher rankings (at least by US news). From my experience, I can tell you that Naperville North is by far one of the best schools for Math and Science. The teachers there are top-notch and the students there are as well. To give an example, we often beat IMSA (Illinois MATH and Science Academy) in our Math team. Also note that some of IMSA's Math team students orginally came from Naperville North. Naperville North also offers a variety of AP and honors courses. In comparison to the other "supposedly" better high school I studied at, the AP and Honors courses at North was much much more challenging. Rigorous courses like Calc BC and MVC will prepare students well for the college courseload. For example, I received an C in Calc BC and now I am getting solid As in my math class at UIUC when the averages are around a C. Imagine what our A students are getting.. Overall, I think this school is the perfect school for honors/AP students. The guidance councilor and principal all seem nice and there is a lot of school spirit! There is also practically no bullying.

Posted June 24, 2011
I switched from a sub par school in a nearby town to Naperville North and can say that my experience there changed my life for the better. The teachers were sharp, compassionate, caring, and fair. From beginning to end, they were highly involved and supportive in the areas I was strong in, steering me in the right direction. Their involvement resulted in my pursuance and success in a career I am passionate about. I was listened to, had my skills considered, and was cared about. This made all the difference.

Posted April 18, 2011
I'm an AP student at NNHS and have taken all of the most rigorous courses including MVC. The academics of the school are intense; most graduates say that college classes are SIMPLE in comparison to North's APs and Honors classes. NNHS is the ONLY high school taht offers MVC for dual credit with the College of Dupage, as we take MVC first semester and then ELA second semester like an actual college. For the most part teachers are very good and put a conscious effort into teaching students. While it is true that you won't get individual help unless you ask I would imagine this is true for most schools. Students are encouraged to come in before and after school AND during study halls and lunch hours to get help, so help is always readily available. It's the student's job to get help, NOT the teacher's. Of course there are some teachers who are not up to par but this is true in all schools. Generally, teachers at North are very competent. Yes drugs, alcohol, etc happen but again, it's common everywhere. It's up to the student to be aware and responsible. The policies regarding these activities are strict and fair.

Naperville North High School 4

Posted February 25, 2011
I am a current student. The main feel of North is that if you want to challenge yourself with 5-6 AP courses, you're free to do so, but the opposite is also true. There are good, rigorous AP courses and weighted courses here (MVC anyone?) but the majority of the normal courses are too watered down and easy. North should improve the normal course rigor instead of increasing the gap between the best courses and the normal courses. The teachers are helpful as long as you take initiative, but the other faculty members in the PPS office and Student Services Office can be particularly unhelpful and even rude at times even when asking politely for help. The extracurriculars are varied and excellent, giving many students to excel further in academic areas in science, mathematics, etc. This school is also beneficial since it offers many of the national olympiad exams which many schools don't offer (the AMC, AIME, USAMO series, USNCO, USNPO, USABO, etc). Naperville North is a good school for those that want a very high-quality education, but if you don't take initiative then I'm afraid no one will push you to challenge yourself enough.

Naperville North High School
899 Mill Street, Naperville, IL  60563
Last modified Naperville North High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12
Naperville North High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top