Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 12, 2016
The school's motto is "Proud, Safe & Kind". I feel that kindness and inclusion is a focus. My daughter participates in a program where volunteers eat lunch with kids with special needs to make sure everyone is included. This kind of interaction benefits everyone and I am pleased that Prairie does this.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 12, 2016
Kids are held accountable and teachers communicate promptly with parents if there is an issue. My son was not honest with his teacher once and she reached out immediately so that we could address it jointly as a united front.

Posted January 12, 2016
Both of my kids attend Prairie. We moved from out of state half way through our daughter's (our oldest) kindergarten year and what a noticeable difference in education levels from her prior school! It took her a full year and a half to get up to speed. We feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to send our kids to Prairie. The staff is extremely communicative and all teachers we have encountered are highly qualified, effective and passionate about their work. We were concerned when we first moved to Naperville because we heard there was a "snooty" factor but in the 3 years we have lived here, we have not experienced this. A great school and lots of opportunities for parents to get involved and get to know each other through Home and School (PTA) activities (i.e. Fall Social, family movie nights, Parent socials, etc.).

Posted October 11, 2013
Amazing dedicated staff. Strong home and school association. High achieving students. multiple outreach and fundraising for comminity organizations. Ongoing building improvements. adequately preparing kids for the five facets of the 203 mission.

Posted October 08, 2013
All three of my now adult children attended this school, and some of the teachers are still there teaching and inspiring. Some still in touch. The teachers are compassionate, caring, and involved in their students' education. The parent involvement from what I understand remains strong. All great foundations for success. Reading the last review - I must comment, this is not pre-school and it is not jail. The mission is to raise critical thinkers! If no one's home, go the neighbor's. There are a lot of "what ifs" in life. The key is to problem solve for a good outcome. Your problems, being late for pick up, should not become the school's, they are there to EDUCATE your child, not babysit them - teach your children well. The field trip issue, I would agree is somewhat concerning, but they recognized the problem and resolved it with a positive outcome. I bet you can't tell me you've never made a mistake. I loved this school, and the staff and would not hesitate for a moment to recommend it to anyone. Lastly my children were so prepared for life and are very successful in their professions, and I attribute that to all the Dist. 203 schools. Past Happy Parent A.D.

Prairie Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
My kids have been in this school for two years, and there have been a couple of really troubling issues. Most recently, the school sent one of them on a field trip they weren't signed up for--so they weren't on the list. What if they'd been left behind. Another problem this school has is the drop-off and pick-up procedure. The kids are dropped off and left outside until the bell rings. Then even the kindergarteners are just let out of the door when the bell rings; anyone could be there to take them, and there's no safety procedure in place. What if a parent were in an accident, and the kindergartener starts walking home alone? They should allow the kids to go inside when they arrive, and for at least the kindergarteners, there should be an early dismissal or some other procedure in place. This school has some serious safety issues as far as I'm concerned.

Prairie Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2006
I would give anything to be part of Prarie again. My children are ahead of most kids at there new school. It was very challenging for our children and that helped them to challenge themselves. I love Prarie!

Prairie Elementary School 4

Posted April 12, 2006
high level of parent involvement, great school district,

Posted January 03, 2006
Both our son and our daughter have attended Prairie over the past 7 years. It is a wonderful school with attentive, skillful teachers and a comprehensive challenging curriculum. We have been pleased with each child's experience and preparation for secondary grades.

500 South Charles Ave, Naperville, IL  60540
Last modified Prairie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.