Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

zero. We wonder why even they are there, for some do not know the current curriculum, blaming everything to the change of curriculum, then what the hell these people teach. When it comes to teaching there is none, left to self-learning, saying 'you have to get the experience the college life already'. If high-school is for college preparation only, saying you will get no-guidance, they should learn nothing? It is as good as staying at home not go to this school. Other school districts are at least giving preparatory notes. Here nothing is given.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework, assignments, tests even till the last minute before final, while no guidance at all given to the children or any teaching. No correlation to what is given as book, invariably you have to rely on google searches and random pages to find any help.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No in general the name and fame, with high level of expectations for the students set, without any teaching and guidance, there is no fairness at all.

Neuqua is a great place to learn, understand, and develop relationships. Therefore, I myself am a student at this school and this is my first year at Neuqua. From the beginning I did not have a lot of friends and I also failed algebra 1 block so the teachers decided it would be best to put me in Adaptive PE and make newer friends with the addition of a great deal of positivity. Otherwise, the teachers are really nice and want you to learn. Thank you Neuqua people for this wonderful opportunity to make your students succeed! :)

We've had two kids that have gone through Neuqua, and have to say we are very happy with the school overall. They were well prepared for College and were pushed to excel. Because of the number of kids it is competitive, how could it not be? Having spent time in the school during a school day, volunteering, I have to say the kids seem to really love the school and were very nice and respectful to me and others. When you're one of the top schools in the country you're bound to have some people say some things that aren't so kind. As a parent I would highly recommend Neuqua, it is a true experience. Academics are outstanding, athletics are outstanding, even the orchesis dance squad is incredible. Neuqua has got it right! Go Wildcats!!!!

My son was diagnosed with dyslexia & the school has spent more money fighting the diagnosis then helping him. He was diagnosed outside of the school his soph yr & it is now 1 1/2 yrs later & we still don't have a proper IEP in place. His original IEP was for speech (stuttering), but my son does not stutter. The "theory" was that helping with his stuttering/fluency would help him read better. His ACT reading score 3 X's in a row are at a 14, which is 15th%ile nationally. He's much smarter than that. The district doesn't do in service training on what dyslexia is or what the signs and symptoms are. Since it presents itself in quite a range of signs, that is a major problem. The school is excellent if you are gifted, but without any learning differences. They have the right tools to remediate reading issues w/ scientifically proven programs, but they won't offer them unless forced in a court of law. We have 5 high schools in this district, & why one of them isn't turned into a school for dyslexics like the state of Texas does, is baffling. Instead they have partnered to open a STEM school for the gifted in sci/math, leaving dyslexic students w/ the inability to read at grade level.

Wow, my opinion of this school has really changed. My student is now a junior at Neuqua and we can't wait to get out of there. I was warned that the counselor will not be helpful and sadly, our experience has proven this rumor true. If you have a problem it won't really get resolved but the school will do a great job on lip service. The district changed the grade/homework program and didn't really bother sending home instructions to navigate so it is difficult to check grades and homework online unless you happen to work in IT. And, yes, as you have read, status IS EVERYTHING at this school. Perhaps the school prepares you for college but be warned: if your student is average, he/she will fall thru the crack so be prepared to pay for several tutors if you want a decent grade. I would not move here if we could do this all over again.

I graduated from Neuqua Valley last year and reflecting back on my experience, I realized how lucky I was to attend such a great school with fantastic teachers, a variety of opportunities to learn, and activities. I had wonderful teachers that truly cared about the success of students and I am aware that I learned a lot from them. After attending college, I realized how well I was prepared and how effective they were. Because of the school size, the courses were rigorous; however, I perceived this as a good thing because I truly learned a lot. Many people say that because the size of the school some students get over looked. I believe there are many opportunities to go get help if it is necessary and the class sizes never restricted me from learning. I believe the students that say their school experience was poor because of the people were hanging out were mingling with the wrong people. Sure the school had its fair share of stuck of individuals, but that can be controlled. ANY high school is going to have the stereotypical fake crowd. I am certain that those students don t realize how good they have it in comparison to other schools.

I am currently a Junior at Neuqua and I love it! The teachers here are super committed and there is a huge variety of supplements available to students, including academic resource rooms for any help one may need in a specific class, and a college and career center for students to access the resources they need regarding their future. Dr. Mcbride is such a down-to-earth principal. He truly takes an interest in student life and interacts one-on-one with all the staff and students. He makes Neuqua a warmer place to be. I will say this, Neuqua is crowded. Despite having a great gold-campus for freshman and a frontier-campus for some seniors, the crowding can be overwhelming. I personally loved having a Gold campus, it truly helped me ease into the high-school atmosphere. It also allowed me to create relationships and bonds with my fellow freshman, without the Gold campus I would have been completley disoriented in the large school. A+++ for Neuqua!

Best school out there, I cannot imagine going to a better High School. The Teachers a fantastics, and extracurriculars are compartative to no other, It's amazing. SOme people say they hate neuqua because it is "fake" but when I hear those people move away they always say they wish they were still there because neuqua was so much better than their school. It really can't be beat

Last modified Neuqua Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.