Posted April 29, 2013
I am a student at Gregory Middle School, everybody gets an easy A on at least 5 subjects! Almost everybody in our class gets the high honor role, which means you get all or mostly A's. Everyone I meet at lunch also gets high honor roles or just honor roles at the end of each and every quarter! This is the best school I have ever attended, considering I have gone to 10 schools.

Posted September 18, 2012
My son is currently in 8th grade at Gregory Middle School (and has been there since 6th grade) and as a parent I believe this school to be excellent preparation for high school. My son is no genius, but he has never had a problem keeping up with homework and getting good grades. I don't think they get ENOUGH homework actually. The teachers are awesome and really care about the kids. The secretaries are very nice and helpful whenever I talk to any of them. Anyone who thinks this school is a meatgrinder or geared only towards academic stars must not be a hands-on parent who actively participates in their child's education. Sure, Naperville schools are known to 'push' kids a little harder, but it is only because the kids can handle it. If a child has been in the Naperville school system for years, they won't have any problems at Gregory keeping up. Kids coming into the district from other areas that might be behind might have trouble at first, but they WILL catch up with a little extra effort.

Gordon Gregory Middle School 1

Posted June 01, 2012
Amen. Our child is also a Gregory Middle School Survivor. If you have an Ivy League bound academic star, you will love it here. If not, even typically bright students are put through the meat grinder. Out of touch administration, snippy secretaries, unrealistic homework loads and more about cranking out volume vs. quality. Watching the graduation ceremonies only cemented this opinion. If you have a child with special needs, this is the WORST place you could ever place your child.

Gordon Gregory Middle School 2

Posted March 20, 2012
I have one child that is a Gregory survivor, and one that is bravely hanging in there. Apparently, Gregory is a great place if your child is one of the top tier kids who excel at everything. If (s)he is average or below, forget it. I have never seen so many teachers for whom teaching is merely an 8-3 job, who can't wait to get off of work and get on with their "real lives". Not all, mind you, for there are a few outstanding, dedicated teachers there. Let me end by stating that there is more to a great school than high test scores.

Posted December 12, 2009
Awesome school! I have lived in France, Belgium, Italy and the United States, and it's currently the best school I went to! The teachers respect the students and don't give as much homework as said in other reviews, compared to my french school, where your guaranteed 2 hours of homework every night, and even have homework during vacation! My grades went from C's and D's in Belgium to straight A's in Gregory! I also really enjoy the diversity of all the classes and clubs, where your likely to find what you like best. the Teachers also organize fun learning that gets you into the class, instead of having to copy 2 to 3 pages of leson during class and having to learn it by heart for the next day. It's really a school that makes learning exciting and just makes you want more. It really deserved the blue ribbon award!

Posted December 02, 2009

Gordon Gregory Middle School 3

Posted July 16, 2009
I just moved here in December, and I thought Gregory was okay. The classes are definitely demanding and quite difficult. My grades went down from straight 'A's to Straight 'A's and 'B's. At Gregory, you are guaranteed homework every night, and I literally sat at my desk all evening until 10 o' clock at night. The education here is excellent, but sometimes I feel like I get pushed too hard, which increases stress on my life. Overall, Gregory is an okay school, but could use less work.

Gordon Gregory Middle School 1

Posted March 10, 2009

Gordon Gregory Middle School 0

Posted February 23, 2009
Frustrating ! Demanding authoritarians that do not deviate from a regimented format of educational process clearly out-lined in the IPSD 204 Guidebook. Individualism, creativity and free expression do not come without a cost attatched to the naive, students who's desire is to progress, excel and graduate by the best of their abilities that are fueled by the encouragement of a select few teachers, administrators, and their friends and parents.

Posted February 20, 2009
I am a current gregory middle school student and love it here! we recently recieved the blue ribbon award and another award from the no child left behind program. Were all about updating tecnology and have gotten brand new computers since over the summer. After gruaduating from gregory you will be attending Nequa Valley High School. they also have a blue ribbon award and is know for thier wide variety of clubs and classes!

Gordon Gregory Middle School
2621 Springdale Circle, Naperville, IL  60564
Last modified Gordon Gregory Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gordon Gregory Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top