Naperville, IL

Posted April 18, 2014
My son is in his first year at the school and we love it. The staff is friendly and caring. My son has learned so much more than we believe he would have in a typical public school. We have yet to experience any cliquishness in general. I will say that the stay at home moms do seem to take over at times but I believe that would happen in any school. The teachers we have interacted with are wonderful, caring, and dedicated. If everything goes as well as it is now, we will be sending all of the kids here through 8th grade. They say it takes a village to raise a child. I have no doubt that this one will help us raise ours into amazing adults.

Posted February 19, 2014
We love this school! My two sons are enrolled and we plan on keeping them throughout 8th grade.

Posted November 04, 2013
VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LEADERSHIP AND PASTOR OF THIS SCHOOL. LET SOMEONE ELSE LEAD AND TEACH YOUR CHILDREN. YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO LEARN THE LESSONS TAUGHT HERE. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU SET ASIDE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND MANY HOURS FOR THE THERAPISTS.

Bethany Lutheran School 3

Posted August 09, 2013
The school is good, at least better than average public school. However, if you child needs extra attention/help, I would not recommend this school. Not all teachers are good, what is very frustrating.

Bethany Lutheran School 4

Posted May 13, 2013
I am truly thankful that I had the opportunity to help out in so many different ways this year. Thank you to the staff for allowing us to be involved in such a great amount of activities, it is appreciated.

Bethany Lutheran School 2

Posted November 22, 2012
Lots of coordinated 5-star postings, encouraged by the principal, but the reality is different. Not as bad as the disgruntled reviews either, but parents should be warned: the school is very cliquy and the church is cultish. There is certainly some good education going on here, and I was also impressed with the dedication of several of the teachers. But the environment is very dysfunctional, and many of their best teachers have left over the years as the congregation has embraced an extreme theological position. This contributes to the cliquishness of the school, I think, as parents who don't want to be marked or labeled as "impure" don't' know whom to trust. Like I said, it is a dysfunctional and unhealthy environment. I would also add that even though this is Christian school, there is not much teaching of Christian morality and ethics. The teaching here is pretty much that because Jesus died for your sins you can do anything that pleases you. So in an odd way they are so conservative about worship and doctrine they wind up incubating rather libertine kids. Those with hardcore LCMS roots may want this, but I think there are many better options out there for most.

Posted October 03, 2012
A wonderful place for a well rounded Christian education. Very talented staff, attentive principal and an awesome church that supports it's school. Lots of opportunities to be involved and truly partner with teachers to educate your child. My children truly love this church and school as do I!

Posted July 31, 2012
this school /church had some great disrupt a while ago where I understand many people left. Like half I think... There is just way too much drama here for the good of the children.

Posted June 17, 2012
Going on our 7th year at Bethany & couldn't ask for a better school to send our kids to. Fantastic faculty & staff! They've developed great friendships and have blossomed in the classroom as well. Bethany offers a wide variety of extra curricular activities as well as family activities throughout the school year. A++++++++

Posted May 05, 2012
I was a student here for three years, and through all of them I was bullied. I had hoped it would get better as the years went on, but it didnt. The faculty thing about it. It got so bad I switched schools, and nobody would be friends with me because I was a new kid and nobody was nice at all. I would definently NOT RECCOMEND THIS SCHOOL!

Bethany Lutheran School
1550 Modaff Road, Naperville, IL  60565
Last modified Bethany Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Bethany Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top