PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

In response to the January 29 comment regarding the Jr. High Part Time teachers: In addition to the full-time 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teachers, Bethany also employs additional staff in order to offer a wide array of classes and experiences in the Jr. High. The students learn Spanish, Music, Band, Art, P.E., Religion, Literature, English, Geography, Science, History, and Math. We hire teachers trained and educated specifically in those areas so that our students are well prepared for High School and beyond. Students of Bethany are very successful and go on to excel in their academic careers.
January 29, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Posted August 21, 2016
If you send your kids here you better have a good attorney. This school has been sued for negligence. If that isn't bad enough, they have included others in the lawsuit to cover their hind ends. That doesn't sound very Christian.

Posted June 30, 2016
This school is having a lot of problems. They have lost a lot of kids and are trying to plug a financial gap by expanding the preschool. I would be very careful about sending a preschooler into that environment and suggest taking a look at Trinity's preschool on 95th.

Posted March 20, 2016
Our kids went here a while and I would say this school is mediocre at best. It's not worth the tuition.

Bethany Lutheran School 5

Posted February 19, 2016
Bethany is a wonderful learning environment for students. They are given the opportunity to learn in a safe, nurturing environment. The students, teachers and administration work side by side on not just academic skills but also social/emotional skills. I am thrilled the school has implemented the "Second Step" Program into their curriculum. This has given the children tools to use as they interact daily with each other.

Bethany Lutheran School 2

Posted February 13, 2016
I agree with the posts regarding discipline and bullying. This school has some problems and at the top of the list is poor leadership.

Bethany Lutheran School 5

Posted February 08, 2016
Bethany has been a blessing to our family. Both of our children attend here and we are very confident that this is the best place for them. The staff goes above and beyond each day to ensure that our children's needs are being met academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. As a parent, I feel that these reasons help set the foundation for my children's lifetime love of learning. I truly enjoy being greeted by staff members each day. It is the small things like this that make Bethany so special. We feel like we are a part of a community where the people (staff and families) take a vested interest in our family on a daily basis. The relationships that have been formed in and out of school are bonds our family will have for a lifetime. The academics are such that the learning is truly reflected from each child's own learning ability. With having small class sizes, the teachers can effectively make adjustments to meet our child's needs. This is a big plus in my book as a parent. Students are challenged and assisted when needed. The overall culture of Bethany is very family-oriented. Our children know students from each grade in the building (from Preschool - 8th grade) due to their 'buddy program' which our children love. Sometimes just seeing a face in the hallway they know can make their day extra special. I love knowing that my children are well taken care of in so many ways by so many individuals. One of the hardest decisions is leaving your child in the care of someone that isn't a parent, close friend or relative. For our family, we don't have that decision to make, as Bethany is our family. My best advice for any family considering sending their child to Bethany is to go in for a tour. See first hand how God's love is changing lives each day.

Bethany Lutheran School 2

Posted February 04, 2016
Our children experienced a lot of unchristian behavior at this school and the staff seemed very reluctant to deal with it.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 30, 2016
I am grateful for the principal Pam Mueller. She is an advocate for children, an example of Christian Love, and has assembled a top-notch staff to provide the highest quality education for those who attend Bethany. I thank her for always being so personable in our interactions, for being a presence in the building, for being proactive in her approach to discipline, and for working closely with the pastoral staff to ensure the word of God is being rightly taught in the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 30, 2016
I am amazed at the growth I have seen in my children both academically and socially after transferring them to Bethany. I am fully confident that the staff are not only molding their minds academically, but are sharing the love of Jesus Christ with them on a daily basis. The Word is sufficient and efficacious. This is something they would not be getting in the public schools.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 30, 2016
From my experience, there is homework given practically every day. In my opinion this is a good thing. As a teacher myself, I don't think that amount given to my children is too much, nor not enough. I trust that knowledgeable and professional staff are adhering to best practices when it comes to the assignment of homework.

1550 Modaff Road, Naperville, IL  60565
Last modified Bethany Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8