PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

In response to the January 29 comment regarding the Jr. High Part Time teachers: In addition to the full-time 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teachers, Bethany also employs additional staff in order to offer a wide array of classes and experiences in the Jr. High. The students learn Spanish, Music, Band, Art, P.E., Religion, Literature, English, Geography, Science, History, and Math. We hire teachers trained and educated specifically in those areas so that our students are well prepared for High School and beyond. Students of Bethany are very successful and go on to excel in their academic careers.
January 29, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Look no further than the declining enrollment in the day school to prove that there's justifiable concern about this school. Yes, the enrollment in the preschool/daycare is increasing, but are these children staying to attend the day school? Time will tell. The church's mission is to "connect people to Christ and keep them connected". It looks like church attendance is declining as well. Don't let facts get in the way.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The leadership of this school is ineffective and fails to create a safe learning environment for the students and the teachers. Leadership does not support the teachers, they only support themselves. They do not support any innovation in learning and they continue to admit students that the school is incapable of servicing. The leadership is only interested in tuition money and once they have your money they fail to deliver on the education they promise.

Our kids went here a while and I would say this school is mediocre at best. It's not worth the tuition.

Bethany is a wonderful learning environment for students. They are given the opportunity to learn in a safe, nurturing environment. The students, teachers and administration work side by side on not just academic skills but also social/emotional skills. I am thrilled the school has implemented the "Second Step" Program into their curriculum. This has given the children tools to use as they interact daily with each other.

I agree with the posts regarding discipline and bullying. This school has some problems and at the top of the list is poor leadership.

Bethany has been a blessing to our family. Both of our children attend here and we are very confident that this is the best place for them. The staff goes above and beyond each day to ensure that our children's needs are being met academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. As a parent, I feel that these reasons help set the foundation for my children's lifetime love of learning. I truly enjoy being greeted by staff members each day. It is the small things like this that make Bethany so special. We feel like we are a part of a community where the people (staff and families) take a vested interest in our family on a daily basis. The relationships that have been formed in and out of school are bonds our family will have for a lifetime. The academics are such that the learning is truly reflected from each child's own learning ability. With having small class sizes, the teachers can effectively make adjustments to meet our child's needs. This is a big plus in my book as a parent. Students are challenged and assisted when needed. The overall culture of Bethany is very family-oriented. Our children know students from each grade in the building (from Preschool - 8th grade) due to their 'buddy program' which our children love. Sometimes just seeing a face in the hallway they know can make their day extra special. I love knowing that my children are well taken care of in so many ways by so many individuals. One of the hardest decisions is leaving your child in the care of someone that isn't a parent, close friend or relative. For our family, we don't have that decision to make, as Bethany is our family. My best advice for any family considering sending their child to Bethany is to go in for a tour. See first hand how God's love is changing lives each day.

Our children experienced a lot of unchristian behavior at this school and the staff seemed very reluctant to deal with it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I am amazed at the growth I have seen in my children both academically and socially after transferring them to Bethany. I am fully confident that the staff are not only molding their minds academically, but are sharing the love of Jesus Christ with them on a daily basis. The Word is sufficient and efficacious. This is something they would not be getting in the public schools.

Amount of homework: Agree

From my experience, there is homework given practically every day. In my opinion this is a good thing. As a teacher myself, I don't think that amount given to my children is too much, nor not enough. I trust that knowledgeable and professional staff are adhering to best practices when it comes to the assignment of homework.

Since transferring my children into Bethany I am more than pleased with rigorous curriculum, kind, caring, and professional staff, variety of extracurricular activities, and support of the pastoral staff. I cannot be more satisfied with the choice we have made. While me children are still primary aged, I am encouraged to see the amount of male teachers on staff, which is something that many of the other schools we looked at could not say.

Last modified Bethany Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8