Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I had mixed experience. Mrs Borghesi was the teacher in 3rd grade for my for one of my kids. She was so helpful and my kid has thrived under her. She worked very closely with my kid and me. She deserves to be Praised. My daughter in grade 1 had terrible time with her teacher Whose name I don't want to mention. She kept punishing my child (and other kids) for every petty issues. Other parents who had kids in the same class reached me and they had the same experience. She doesn't give kids any activity to do but she complain, punish and discourage the kids for talking to each other. I don't remember any skill my first grader gained from the school. That specific teacher should resign or retire if she doesn't like to teach for whatever reason!

Amount of homework: Disagree

In grade 1, there is no skill the kids are learning. I was fully engaged with my kids and had it not been to my efforts at home, my first grader would have regressed. The teacher never supports but always punishes! My experience with the other teacher in grade 3 was excellent!

We have had kids at Welch for 4 years now and have been very impressed with many things. The principal, counselor, and office staff are fabulous. They have many free after school programs with teachers chaperoning them idk if this is district wide or normal at any school but it impresses me. They have so many All Star teachers that truly care about the success and happiness of the kids. Out of the 5 teachers we have had at Welch we absolutely loved 3 of them, liked 1, and didn't really feel the other fit our child's needs. Nonetheless still feel the school is great because they were always willing to work with us and our child with a smile on. Definitely recommend Welch.

Welch is a great place. The new principal and staff are absolutely great, they are friendly, helpful and open to provide guidance.... you just need to ask. I have 2 girls ( Kindergarten and 1st grade), they are changellenged and they love their school, they feel very proud of it and this makes my life so much easier!... .because every day they are ready to learn more. They have wonderful programs in art, music, physical education, literacy in adition to their regular curriculum. In the parents side I can see comitment from the PTA and volunteers that makes WELCH the BEST!... ILW (I love Welch) :)

This is a.terrible school. Choosd somewhere else. The teachera do bit know how to teach. They.are also to cheap to have central air at this.school and they.dont care about the kids. Never dealt with such atrogant principal ....

This is the worst school I have ever dealt with. Terrible Teachers and Staff. They dont know how to teach. I wouldnt even give them one star.

great listening staff to both parents and students. this just not another job for them

My son started Welch from K-5th grade. For a well-rounded school--Welch delivers just that & so much more. The academics can't be compared to. The educators are phenomenal. Each student is individually looked at for their strengths and weaknesses, and the resources to have your child succeed is here. Parent involvement is encouraged. The teachers are superb. My son had unbelievably caring and great teachers. He has learned a great deal. The goal of the school appears not only academically-based, but the development of positive self-esteem, self-respect, respect for others, and self-confidence in my son has always been maintained and nourished. There are teachers from my experience as a parent at this school, which must be commended for their 'above and beyond' approach in all they did while my son attended Welch--Mrs. K Konecki, Mrs. J Matuszewski, Mrs. S Jennings, Mrs. A Strassman, Mrs. K Ruh, Mrs. Johnson, Ms. Ringas--thank you!

My son Started the school this year and has really enjoyed it. This school has challenged him and made him a better student. Very nice building, even though they don't have AC. The staff and techers are well trained and very nice. Best school district in Naperville (DIST. 204).

Welch is a kid-friendly school with a great curriculum. The kids have a great enviroment and a good physical education program. The kids get to join band or orchestra in fifth grade, although the band is a little less developed than the orchestra. The PTA there is great! Overall, Welch is a school that I never regretted sending my daughter to.

Last modified Arlene Welch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.