Naperville, IL
Students enrolled: 1,096

Scullen Middle School 5

Posted January 11, 2014
I go to this school, and I am an eighth grader, I think this school is amazing. There are a lot of anti- bulling things, there are a lot of extracurricular activities, and the teachers are very relating, forgiving, and wanting to help.

Posted July 11, 2013
Hi I was a student of scullen and now I am not this school is great academically but is. Awful at dealing with bulling I was bullied so badly I didn't want to go to school I didn't want to walk through the hallways It got so bad that I moved to a different state to live with my dad this school is horrible.so you know what even certain teachers bully kids but there is one great health teacher his name is mr.todnem he is funny

Scullen Middle School 3

Posted April 20, 2013
This school will not deal with the bullying problem.. Scullen does have a strong academic program thus the three stars. Zero stars for their policy or lack of with regard to bullying. If you are relocating to the area check out the other districts. South Naperville is competitive, not very friendly with an emphasis on wealth and materialism. We relocated to get out of the immediate area and have had a very positive experience in a nearby district with a strong emphasis on character building and a no tolerance policy for bullying behaviors. Interestingly enough the teaching styles differ very much.

Scullen Middle School 4

Posted October 08, 2012
i in fact go to this school and it is a great school academically but kind of poor in other ways. majority of the staff and some teachers show no respect for students. they also are not very active with the bullying situation. but they DONOT harass the parents who complain like the review under me says. otherwise, scullen middle school is very good at knowing and helping specific needs of certain children.

Posted May 24, 2011
this school ignores the accommodations that a child should have in IEP's and is known for ignoring bullying and harasses parents who complain.

Posted November 30, 2010
This school used to be great, but it had gone down hill by the time I was in 8th grade. The administrators give tardies for lunch and do not have any respect for the students. Most of the teachers(Excluding PA Teachers) are awful. Also they make students have silent lunches at least once a week.

Posted February 07, 2009
This school is pretty good. Considering i am in the advanced program, i think it is a great school. All of my teachers are great. All that i wish is that some of the teachers would stop yelling at the children. They should know that they can get through to us through a mellow nice talk rather than yelling at us. Sometimes we just need a teacher to praise us rather than talk to us and say that we need to try harder. Lastly, i would like say that this school does very well with children and their specific needs.

Scullen Middle School 3

Posted January 07, 2009
This school's teachers and resources are great! There is many choices to choose from for what to do in this school. In addition, the funds, computers, diciplining teachers, and other reasources excell compared to JWJ. Unfortunately though, what really brings it down is the student behavior. Too many fights, gossip, and etc. in this school. If the students were better, I would give it 4.5 stars

Posted July 16, 2008
This school has suddenly gone downhill. I despise the assistant pricipals and the dean. It's ironic that my daughter says she doesn't feel safe at Scullen anymore (there have been more and more sketchier faces moving in to Scullen boundaries) yet they punish children for frivilous things, such as giving out detentions for students who do not make it to lunch on time because their locker is jammed. My child always says that the teachers are always asking for respect. But that respect clearly isn't mutual in a handful of teachers and admin. The teachers do not realize that there has to be a balance between discipline and praise. Both my daughter and I were very dissapointed about my daughter's middle school experience.

Posted June 26, 2008
I love this school from the begining to the end this school helps and creates a great environment and a great socially active school great for anyone to come who is willing to learn anything about everything!

2815 Mistflower Lane, Naperville, IL  60564
Last modified Scullen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scullen Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top