PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We have been very, very pleased with our time so far at All Saints. The teachers we've encountered (our oldest is in second grade) have been fantastic. They are always willing to put forth the effort to help the children to succeed and do their best. Each child has an iPad to utilize, which keeps them current with technology. The resource teachers are absolutely amazing! Sadly, this will be Dr. Renehan's last year. She has been an excellent example of what a Catholic Education should be about. We are looking forward to meeting the new principal, who has already visited both of the classrooms that my daughters are in. All Saints is a community of friends and family, and we consider ourselves very blessed to be a part of it.

The premium cost for All Saints does not out weight the offering of the school. We started our children here and moved out to our own parish school due to the high cost.

All Saints is the most expensive or at least one of the most expensive of the catholic schools in Naperville. Sadly, it could be a great school, but it lacks strategic leadership. The principal's heart is in the right place, and I believe she means well, she's just isn't a modern thinker. She reminds us of the nuns who ran our catholic grade schools 30 years ago. Negative reinforcement vs inspiration to be great. Instead of technology or modernizing the education, or even fixing the pot holes that ruin our cars--she spend a money decorating an entrance no one is allowed to use anyway, and putting a fence around the play ground making the kids feel like their in prison. Every time the kids come up with something that gives them a little joy at recess, she develops some rule of why it has to be taken away from them. They can't even play football anymore. The school lunches are absolutely horrible. The junior high kids are treated like elementary school kids instead of adequately preparing them for the decision making and freedoms of high school. The teacher's quality varies, you have some incredible ones, and you have some who are not so great or who can't handle the pressures of middle school kids. The principal has favorite kids and families and if you are one of them your experience is completely different than if your not. The ones here who commented positively I'm sure that is their experience, but not everyone has that experience. The school is getting a new principal at the end of this school year so we all hope things will get better. I agree with what people said about the sense of community and the welcoming spirit. That is true. It's just challenging to have that completely off set the other parts of the experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

completely depends on what teachers you get, some are great and some are not so great, some yell, for disipline, there has even been a couple that loose it and throw things and instead of scarying the kids to behave, they become the topic we parents here on the card ride home

Amount of homework: Agree

I think this comment must have come from a student, as the home work is truly not that bad. Maybe an hour a night, and longer if you have a test. They give lots of notice, I think some kids just procrastinate

Develops character: Neutral

When the principal plays favorites and all the kids know that, it's hard to teach kids fairness

We have had 3 daughters got to school here. We have been here since its inception. I love the school. There is a community feel. There is tons of parent volunteer opportunities. We have also had children(older) go to 203 public schools. I feel we can do a fair comparison. i feel the education is better. i love the parent participation. Every school may have issues, but every reached out to Dr. Renehan, I was always answered in what I feel was fair and prompt manner.

We are considering withdrawing. Practice what you teach. I love the fact that my child is learning both about morals and treating people with respect, I also think that same learning should be applied to the students. I'm not sure how to rate the school as this is my 1st yr at the school and my 1st parental exp. with grade school. I chose the rating due to my experience thus far & the expectation that I had going into the school. I feel there is a good sense of community there. They assign new families a mentor the summer before you begin and our mentor is THE BEST. So helpful and responsive, even after we'd been there for months she still text and calls to chat about how my child is doing. The technology is outdated as it relates to maintaining the administration, b/c you have to write checks for EVERYTHING. This yr they consolidated the K classes from 3 to 2. I feel the classes are too large & therefore the teachers aren't able to provide individualized attention. There is a lack of communication between everyone as it relates to their processes and the attitude is "I don't know".I could say more but there is a character limit on the screen.

All Saints is an outstanding school. I had the honor of teaching there for 5 years. The teachers and staff are some of the most dedicated and caring professionals I have ever had the privelage of working with. The students are amazing. My own children go to District 203 public schools for financial reasons, and their friends cannot hold a candle to those at ASCA. Respect, dignity, character, good citizenship and moral values are taught above all else. I was teaching there while my son was in Kindergarten at a public school, and he did not learn half of what my ASCA Kindergartners knew. Aside from the high tuition, I highly recommend All. Saints.

This is an excellent school. The teachers are very hard working and dedicated to their students and the learning process. Not only are my children receiving an excellent academic education but are also learning about morals, respect, and being a good person/citizen in every class, everyday. This school has thrived on excellence in education, a wonderful staff and families dedicated to teaching our children for tomorrow's world.

Last modified All Saints Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8