Normal, IL

Posted December 06, 2008

University High School 0

Posted July 10, 2008
University High School is a great school. For me it was between University High School and Normal Community. Looking back I don't regret my decision at all. We have incredible opportunities here that almost no other school in the state or country has. Yes its true some of the teacher are less then fun but all of them are extremely knowledgeble in their field. Most are fun though and that helps. Extracurriculars are fun and unmatched for a school our size except at some schools where they only recruit athletes. Seems to me the two star rating must be from somebody whose kid didn't get in or could not make it here.

Posted May 21, 2008

University High School 1

Posted February 09, 2008

Posted January 30, 2008
University High School is a great environment for students. I love it there, along with my brother. You should really consider University High School. The teachers are fabulous, along with the other students.

Posted April 24, 2007

University High School 2

Posted April 04, 2006
This school is a Illinois State University Lab School. There are so many clinical students from ISU teaching and observing there, it's a miracle if anything is taught and learned well at all. There are many extracurriculars available, and the technology is fantastic, which is easy to do when a state university provides you with all the funds you need. Don't be fooled by the glossy picture that is initially painted of this school. The quality of teaching is poor.

Posted January 10, 2006
My daughter has been at University High School for one year and absolutely loves it. She is a shy, reserved person and this school has brought out the best in her. The teacher/student ratio is very good and allows the teachers to get to know each student. The teachers have all been very easy to talk to and willing to get to know the parents, too. The band program is excellent and has offered my daughter a wonderful group of friends. UHS works hard to get each student to be involved in something that interests them. They have a wide selection of clubs to help the kids find their niche. The teaching at UHS is excellent! The teachers offer unique ways of teaching that keep the students engaged and interested. This school has been the saving grace for my daughter and our family. It is wonderful.

Posted October 29, 2004
- a former student
I was a student at U-High (University High School) I attended grades 9-11. Unfortuanately I did not graduate from U-High because my family moved right before my senior year. After attending a different school my senior year I realized how amazing U-High was. It is the best school I've ever been to. The teachers truly cared about us as students, and we were more like a family than classmates. U-High is great! There is something for everyone and there's no such thing as an outsider, I promise you your child will fit in somewhere and it will be constructive, positive, and productive. To this day I wish I could have graduated with my classmates at U-High, but having to go somewhere else my senior year made me appreciate my three years at U-High so much. From the education to the extra curricular activities it's almost perfect.

Posted September 12, 2004