Normal, IL

Posted March 11, 2014
Oakdale is a great school that consistently meets its goals for academic progress. The teachers go above and beyond for the students. The student body is very diverse and that is the main reason we have chosen to stay in this area. Oakdale has challenges that more affluent schools do not have but our 4 kids have always felt safe and have always scored above the average of even the less diverse schools.

Oakdale Elementary School 2

Posted November 05, 2012
I am a dissatisfied parent. My son is new to the school and hasn't had the opportunity to see what the school has to offer. My 1st grader has been at the school for 2 months and he has been jumped on by 4 students in his class, and the only punishment they got was 2 days recess taken away. Then the very next week my son was accused of "putting his hand on several students, and put on detention. Several weeks after the incident where the 4 boys admitted to beating up my son, one of the same boys punched my son in the mouth and knocked his tooth out during recess. I was told my son would be punished as well as the young man, and yet I had to find out when I picked my son up from school at 3:30. I never received a phone call from a teacher, assistant principal, or principal that my son had been in an incident where he was injured. An there excuse was that he didn;t tell anyone. How could two kids get into a physical altercation where one childs tooth is completely knocked out of his mouth and not 1 adult see what happened. My son was the one who got hurt yet the assistant principal sent my son to the office indicating he was in trouble and I never received a call.

Oakdale Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2009
It's a great school. Very professional and caring.

Posted September 17, 2009
I have two sons that attend Oakdale School and they both love it! My oldest has been in Oakdale for 3 years now and my youngest son just started Kindergarden and it helps make my life easier as a mother to know that both my boys are happy and well taught in Oakdale School.

Posted September 16, 2009
It is a great school in a great community that is in dire need of new playground equipment.

Posted September 16, 2009
Oakdale is a very diverse school with students from all races and financial backgrounds. The teachers are committed and caring. Our PTO is doing all they can to make the school a better place for the students and awesome staff. The $20,000 would be a HUGE help!

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Oakdale Elementary because of the wonderful teachers & staff. They put their heart & soul into helping the children succeed. Our school is labeled as a 'bad' school because it is on the west side of town. However, my experience has been that this is a good school - it just gets a bad rap due to location and a higher percentage of low income students! Our PTO has the lowest budget in the district so this money is much needed to fund our new playground equipment (old equipment is in dire need of replacement). Please help us! We love our school and want to make it even better!

Posted September 16, 2009
Oakdale has a friendly integration of students from all races and socioeconomic backgrounds, in a caring and safe school environment, it reflects the face of a diverse American community today.

Posted September 16, 2009
Oakdale has the greatest, most dedicated teachers I've had the opportunity to work with! It's a great school where the kids are made to feel important and life lessons are being learned along with the rest of their school lessons!

Oakdale Elementary School
601 South Adelaide Street, Normal, IL  61761
Last modified Oakdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top