Norridge, IL

Posted August 21, 2014
Worst pick up and drop off system i ever seen!!! Imposible to park your car.

Posted October 02, 2013
This school is very high in academics and my children are learning things I didn't learn till I was in high school sometimes I think they give a little too much homework specially when you have more then one child to help my son broke 4 backpacks one year from all the books he had to bring home in Jr high but they are really hands on with the students my son had bad speech and now I can understand everything. The only beef I have with this school is them blocking off the front of the school it makes it hard to drop off your kids and the office Ms.Fish is not the most friendly, approachable, professional, person.I don't like being screened everytime I want to walk in the school. And I don't like how the teachers don't want to hear your child out when they try to explain things. Some of the parents think they run the school and there is favoritism I've witnessed much of it. :-\

Posted October 09, 2012
Good teachers, small school. I prefer a school like this that has K-8 instead of changing for middle school

Posted August 24, 2012
The teachers at this school are amazing. The school is of high quality teaching for the students and they help the children who are lacking right away. The front administrative help, Ms. Fish in particular lacks professionalism in person and on the phone.

Posted April 23, 2012
I believe when you have quality teachers and principal like you do at Giles, they need to be celebrated too. It takes a tremendous amount of patience to deal with such an array of different personalities day in day out. Their jobs don't end at 3:15 p.m., when our children leave. It continues over into personal time. Now that is a labor of love.

Posted November 23, 2010
I am a grandparent of one of the students who has special education needs and I cannot be silent any more about the iincompatant, uncaring, uneducated and totally rude teachers who are suppose to take care of the special education needs of the children at this school.\ You may ask how do I know or why do I care and shouattended a school in Skokie,I forget the name now, and they had such a wonderful program. My daughter was in classes with childrem who had the same problems as her and she also saw a couselor once a week. Needless to say she got wonderful help from marvelous caring people and today she is a nurse. Now she might have been a nurse any way but I am a firm believer in that if you get help when your child is young and of course you have people capable of diagnoising when a child needs extra help it will help the child with learning as well as self esteem. School is hard enough now add the 15 odd chidlren in a class all with different learning skills no wonder a child who is alittle slow is scared and cannot foc

Posted November 04, 2010
James Giles School has excellent teachers and students. The sports at Giles are fun, anyone can try-out for them plus the Variety Show aka Talent Show where students perform for the school and show their talents to the students, staff and parents. The teachers help the student to get an educated future.

J Giles Elementary School 0

Posted June 27, 2008
I find the teachers to be very respondent to parents questions. The administration is a bit un-approachable.

Posted November 10, 2006

Posted October 23, 2004

J Giles Elementary School
4251 North Oriole Avenue, Norridge, IL  60706
Last modified J Giles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J Giles Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top