Norridge, IL

Posted March 07, 2015
This school is on the rise. The athletic facility is amazing, so nice even pro footballs teams have used it for practice before playing the Bears. The new principal is very good too, coming from Stevenson a top ranking High School. I am very happy with the school and it's progression and would not hesitate to send all three of my kids here.

Posted March 06, 2015
I am very impressed with This school. I have family that attend Main South H.S. in Park Ridge and a child that currently attends Ridgewood and Ridgewood is a very good school. This H.S. offers a wide array of AP classes and some very tough Honors courses that my child has found to be very beneficial. Yes, maybe Main South offers a few more AP courses but it also offers more students (2,600+) and sometimes more problems. Ridgewood is a small/safe school and if you and your child want to succeed, he/she will be given every opportunity. Any parent or student that suggests otherwise is simply uneducated, bitter, or just cynical. I know of kids both past and present who have attended Ridgewood and have had every opportunity to shine while moving on to top Universities like MIT, Yale, and Harvard. When reviewing sites like this, you must consider the source and with that said, I would suggest considering the quality of these reviews and maybe this site should also consider removing some of them as well. Meaningless digs do nothing but make our neighborhood and community look silly and absurd. I hope this helps you.

Ridgewood Community High School 3

Posted January 24, 2015
I didnt care for this school when i went here years ago i ended up being expelled and went to a few different schools but my son is graduating Giles this year and hopefully things have improved somewhat we'll c

Posted August 02, 2014
Like the other person said this school keeps getting worse! my daughter had bad time especially with math and science. before she got to ridgewood, all a's. at ridgewood mostly c's. the administration does nothing

Posted September 26, 2013
Ridgewood only has one semi-satisfactory aspect:athletics. Even kids with athletic scholarships or talent from here end up going to community colleges, or colleges that need to provide commercials to get people to go there.

Ridgewood Community High School 4

Posted September 14, 2013
As a parent who grew up in the catholic school system, including a catholic university, I was very hesitant to send my child to Ridgewood. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made. While not perfect, Ridgewood has numerous aspects which I am very impressed. First, the teachers here truly care about these kids. The are very accessible, always returning my emails very quickly and offering students time for extra help. These teachers want students to succeed. Help is always available for students, the students however, need to act like young adults and admit when they need help. I am also very impressed with the classes. The honors classes have stimulated these students to make it into top ranking universities like Harvard and Yale. Ridgewood's curriculum is tough. Straight B's won't get you on the honor roll, you need at least a 3.5 GPA. Non honor kids also are given opportunities to figure out which future path they might take. Ridgewood works with Triton junior college for many career classes such automotive or culinary. The high school also has offerings in CADCAM and construction principles. Finally, the school is beautiful! It is newly renovated and state of the art!

Posted July 29, 2013
I like RHS! As a parent i know that we are the first teachers! Ridgewood is an excellent school for kids to attend.

Ridgewood Community High School 2

Posted June 16, 2011
This school has tried to make strides but has failed. The money they get goes into athletic buildings, fields and scoreboards and is not addressing the below state average academics. The school board needs to invest more time in what they can do to turn this around and less on the sports. The school board needs to take control of this place and find out why there is fiscal appropriations going to sports and not else where.

Posted February 09, 2010
That schools gets worse and worse each year. I hate to admit it but I think I'm actually going to move, so my child can go to a better school.

Ridgewood Community High School 4

Posted August 13, 2009
Ridgewood is a great school overall. It has a variety of excellent after school sports and clubs for anyone. The teachers and staff are very supportive and willing to teach us too. The building itself has been remodeled a little bit, such as, the library and and new gym. Ridgewood highschool has given us an amazing education and has done that for the past 50 years. Here is the real deal Ridgewood Highschool is an extrodinarary highschool for children that want to learn and have a great future.

Ridgewood Community High School
7500 West Montrose Avenue, Norridge, IL  60706
Last modified Ridgewood Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgewood Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top