Bad
Good

Posted October 26, 2014
We have two kids that go to Goodwin my daughter is in 2nd grade and my son is in 5th grade. My kids are in and out of class all day because they work with Miss Wojnowska she is new this year as the Special Education Teacher. My kids love working with her. Last year they worked with Mrs. Ferrell who retired at the end of the school year. All of the teachers are wonderful at working with my kids and their special needs in class.

Posted September 15, 2014
My child loves Goodwin. This is her 5th year here. There are many great teachers (including Ms. Groom for the 2nd grade) and staff members. My child loved the art teacher Ms. Hovden and missed her after school art club! She was sad to see Ms. Hovden leave. The great principal Dr. Detrich left after two years wtih this school. Hopefully the new principal will continue to improve the overall quality of education here. The running club (free) after school for 4th & 5th grades is very nice. Hopefully there will be more like this and the art club (for a small fee) available. The down side is that students' lunch time is too short (about 20 minutes) and the computer lab is small so students' access is limited. It seems that the school is making effort to ensure safety and avoid bullying, hopefully these will be kept as top priorities. Overall we are satisfied with Goodwin and glad to see the rating goes up from 5 to 8!

Posted June 05, 2014
Before my child started here I was very skeptical about him getting a great education here. But since then I have been pleased. They have lots of caring teachers and staff, after school programs (free or cheap), fun events throughout the year, very active PTA, it's like a big family. Unfortunately, the wonderful art teacher Ms. Hovden is leaving and won't be back next year. Also a new principal starts in the fall, the third principal since starting here. My child has gone to this school 4 years. One way the school could improve is a stronger gifted program. Either have the gifted program start in the lower grades, before the current 4th grade start or some how challenge the kids more who do above grade level work.

Posted September 24, 2013
This is my sons second year at Goodwin and they have been two great years. Last year he had Ms. Donash who was an excellent Kindergarten teacher. It was said to see her go. My son has Ms. Testone this year and so far I am extremely pleased with her lesson plans. He is engaged with the activities given by the teacher and comes home with something new every day. Thank you Goodwin team for a great experience so far.

Posted April 15, 2012
Goodwin Recently had a change in Principals, the last one did great things for Goodwin Elementary. It seems that the new Principal is continuing in maintaining a high standard for Goodwin. It has a great atmosphere for the Children and has excellent Parental involvement. There is a strong focus on Reading and Math.

Goodwin Elementary School 2

Posted September 28, 2011
This is my 3rd year with children in Goodwin, from the outside they boast on antibully policies with signage with I guess makes outsiders and parents feel good. But if your child is bullied and they ask for help little to nothing is done about it, even so far as the child being ignored. Children get 20 mins for lunch and with an already over crowded lunchroom. I have children who have taken only a few bites of food at lunch and have had to throw away the rest and told they could not take home the packaged left overs bought and paid for by their parents. Other school districts offer so many more extra curricular activities at lower and higher grade levels. The interior of this school is very unwelcoming. It is in my opinion that this is a bottom of the barrel Elementary School. Even the teachers seem to just 'get' the kids through the day.

Posted November 07, 2008
We have had two children attend Goodwin, and we have nothing but the best to say about this school. We feel that our children have recieved the best elementary experience possible. The teachers are caring, devoted and passionate about what they do. Classroom sizes are small, and personal attention to every child's need is paramount. The diversity in this school is also a plus.

Posted September 05, 2008
So far so good, our son had a great first great teacher, Mrs. Pinkowski. Second grade has also started off pretty well. I agree that the principal was horrible, but he has since moved on and we have a new principal. Looking forward to what he can bring to the table.

Posted July 24, 2008
Great school. My kids have been attending Goodwin Elementary for four years. Love this school.

Goodwin Elementary School 1

Posted December 14, 2005
This, unfortunately, is the school that we are assigned to with our address. It is quite possibly the worst school I have seen and I am very disappointed in the principal and staff. There are a couple of average teachers that keep it afloat, but in general, it is a cold, impersonal staff with no regard for a student's individual needs or growth. A child is treated as a number who is a bother and just needs to be pushed through. We are now investigating area private schools and will make the sacrifice to pay for them rather than continue with this farse of a school. It is dirty, dark,depressing and just an unpleasant environment. The principal is an uncaring, cold and difficult man who seems to care less about fair treatment,academic responsibility or safety of his students. Truly a nightmare experience. Parents-BEWARE!

Goodwin Elementary School
18 Poplar Place, North Aurora, IL  60542
Last modified Goodwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goodwin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top