North Chicago, IL

Posted August 12, 2012
Military families....... Think before you move into "housing" first of all it is not military housing because anyone can live here. The schools from elementary to high school is horrible your kids will be behind in everything and the personnel are very unprofessional. This school is the most unorganized place on the planet. Just be warned when you move here there are better places to live in so please do your research!!!! --Submitted by a parent

Posted May 25, 2012
Please do NOT allow your child to attend this school. A lot of military families don't know how bad the school is when they move to the area. It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life allowing my child to attend this school. I pray for the people of this community.

Posted October 25, 2009
Well I think this school is great not onli because they help theyre students but because the have great teachers that not inli care about students but help them and yea they need more help but once again it's not onli the staff's fault t's also students that dont understand the true meaning off school

Posted March 27, 2008
this school is bad, it needs better teachers and counslers. the reason is because they are always suspending, and expelling students and that effects their education.

Posted July 30, 2007
North Chicago High School needs to be completely revamped from the bottom to the top. The implementation of new leadership at the high school appears to be a last ditch effort to save the failing high school from state takeover. This will be the ultimate test and is one of many problems that has plagued the high school for years; lack of effective leadership, care and concern for children with special needs, stability among teachers and administrators, and lack of parental involvement are just a few of the issues you as a parent or student will face this school year. My question to the principal is what is the strategy to raise the scores of the underachieving students to the standard that No Child Left Behind has set? That information should be available to the public, especially our parents and teachers.

Posted January 30, 2006
This school is horrible. My son went here for all of his high school years, and yeah he did great, but the school and administration were horrible. They worried TOO MUCH about the uniform and not enough about the education at the school. I would not recommend this school to anyone until they clean up their act.

North Chicago Community High School 3

Posted November 25, 2005
This school is just mediocre. It's not bad education-wise, but its atmosphere is unpleasant.

Posted June 30, 2005
Greg J. Graduated 2003 I am an alumnus of North Chicago High and I can honestly say that I did everything I could to get out of that place. There were so many problems that I don t know where to begin. Security: Never seemed secure when I could have easily gotten a weapon through the same way I would get my CD player through. The bag checks are a joke people. Teachers: With the exception of a FEW, I believe that many of them had a genuine interest in the students. I know I had to grab hold on tight to the few that I knew would be beneficial for me. Extracurricular Activities: Just a way to forget that your school is failing on a large scale. There are many of them, sure. But who wants to represent a school that values the basketball, football, and track teams more than its education?

North Chicago Community High School 3

Posted March 25, 2005
I am a sophmore student at NCCHS and I just have to comment on the things that people are saying about the school. First of all, it's not the best school in the world but it has some of the best educators I have ever seen. They continue to stay commited to the students, giving them help and tutoring after school hours and make sure that what is taught is fully understood by all of the students in the class. The security does show favortism towards students known personally, but that's life, who doesn't show favortism? The extra programs they offer are nice and express the many talents that students at NCCHS possess. If you want to give your kids a taste of real life and not a sugar coated version of it, send your child here. And don't worry, not all of us here are idiots, we actually average alot of 3.5 gpa's. -Jazzmine Williams '07

Posted March 09, 2005
The worst school I have ever seen! Ebonics is an exceptable form of communication (spoken by staff) Uniform code is a joke, EVERY time I have gone to the school I have seen kids in 'brand name' shoes with all the markings(supposed to be black with no markings) kids in t-shirts and even undershirts,not the required collared polo shirt. The office looses everything, and takes no responsibility Teacher should not even be there (most). they don't want to be there so why pay them to be. We PAY (100+ registration fee) for our daughter to attend this school that has failed and not shown any improvement in the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND program This school offers nothing any student. They send out mailing about programs, only to have then not be implemented.

1717 17th Street, North Chicago, IL  60064
Last modified North Chicago Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Chicago Community High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top