Northlake, IL

Posted June 02, 2015
As a previous student of Parkview Baptist, I can safely admit that the brief year I had attended this school felt both frustrating and absurd. Most of my teachers were very kind and likable people, although many of them seemed very inexperienced or unreasonable, especially in terms of homework. On top of this, a few of my classes were separated by gender (Bible, for example), which was honestly pointless according to what was actually discussed in these classes. Numerous times did these classes bring up stereotypical views of one particular sex, which was extremely frustrating, considering that the other students in my classes were widely acceptive of the derogatory labels often used to describe women (they seriously believed that, if a student was female, they were girlish and feminine, which unfortunately is how nearly all of them acted). Another serious issue, that will probably never be addressed by the administration, is that the school (the middle school, at least) is meant for extroverts, only. The cliques at the school didn't actually seem that close-packed, but it was obvious that they existed. Having a withdrawn or reserved personality is easily the worst possible characteristic that you could have at this school, and honestly, there really isn't much diversity at all in the majority of the students. Which is fine, but it leaves very little room for other kinds of interests or traits, and, when trying to make friends with other students, you will either be regarded as unimportant or simply ignored altogether. It was easy to tell that many of the students didn't really seem legit, which at Parkview is actually quite reasonable, since for many it was the only option to fit in with other peers. There are many trivial issues I'd like to discuss, but considering how little space I have to type this, I'll just skip to the important junk. The homework here is insane. Numerous nights have I had to stay up as late as midnight finishing a non-project assignment, only for it to count as a worthless +2 points. My teachers, although they understood how long it took to finish, never once even tried to address the problem. From the beginning to the end of the year this has been a major issue for me, and the school doesn't appreciate any of it. To put all matters briefly, my experience with this school was pathetic, and I'd never consider returning.

Parkview Baptist Academy 4

Posted November 02, 2011
I attended Parkview Baptist Academy for many years. Parkview is a great school with teachers who care not only for each students educational growth but also their spiritual growth. There has never been any racism or partiality from any of the teachers. I find it a privilege to have graduated from Parkview Baptist. As a former student it is an honor to have a part in the legacy of this school. Everyone is treated equaly and with love. Each teacher has extensive experience in teaching and the education level is higher than most public schools. I have seen my life changed as a result of this school as well as the lives of many others. Those who have graduated from this school have been successful in many various careers. This school teaches a strong work ethic as well as a balanced life and a strong love for the Lord. I HIGHLY recommend this school if you are a parent looking to see your child grow in education and a well rounded life!

Parkview Baptist Academy 5

Posted September 28, 2011
Parkview Baptist Academy was established in 1973. Our purpose is to assist Christian parents and Bible believing churches with the task of training young people in reaching their fullest potential spiritually, academically, socially, and physically. Parkview Baptist Academy promotes a Biblically based philosophy that guides young people in developing a personal, loving, and trusting relationship with Jesus Christ which will impact an ever changing world. Our teachers are qualified and have a wealth of experience. We truly love our students and are not racist in any way.

Posted March 30, 2011
I went to this school and when i atteneded i felt that it was culturally seperated. The teachers were under qualified and were very resentful to minorities. Several times i was picked on by a specfic teacher regarding my race. I would advist any parent to choose somewhere else. When transfering to a public school i was not fully prepared for the cuirricular and struggled the first semester due to Parkviews lack of teaching.

Parkview Baptist Academy 4

Posted July 13, 2009
This was a life saver for my children. While considering the other schools around with gangs and fighting in schools. Parkview is awesome! Both of my children go here and there grades are sky rocketing. The teachers are very well qualified to teach and my children plus 2 two of my cousins attend and have straight A's! Children really develope her...Not only academic wise, but thier attitude toward learning, friendship, Teacher respect and care between students is uncomparable! Don't get me wrong it is not perfect, it is an old building but my children have a bond with the Teachers and a love for learning! And there are no gangs...no kissing in the hall..and very multiracial friendly! God Bless Parkview!

Posted July 10, 2009
this school has under-qualified teachers and no requirements for student promotions and is just decided by the principal. i would hope this review discourages you from even thinking about this school

Parkview Baptist Academy
70 West Golfview Drive, Northlake, IL  60164
Last modified Parkview Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Parkview Baptist Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top