Northlake, IL

Posted April 29, 2015
NMS falls short in so many ways. The district's Board is out of touch and needs to be replaced. All emphasis is placed on what the students are wearing, eating and how loudly they're talking and no emphasis is placed on education. Teachers point out that students are wearing shoes that in some miniscule way aren't to code, but walk around in neon pink gym shoes and spandex. They tell them not to chew gum while chewing gum themselves. They antagonize and are control freaks and play favorites among the students. They are more worried about doing locker checks for cell phones than worrying about the bullying going on in their hallways. If you can, send your kids somewhere else so they can actually get a good education and experience. They won't receive it here.
2 people found this helpful

Northlake Middle School 4

Posted May 28, 2010
I think Northlake is a good school, They have had a lot of changes. They prompt a lot of positive programs for the students. My child has had no problems at this school. I staff are their for them and will help. I feel my child is safre while at school

Northlake Middle School

Posted July 02, 2009
This school is great. The teachers help the students out a lot. They also joke around with the students so school isn't always boring. There are gang things around, but not very much.

Northlake Middle School 4

Posted June 24, 2008
I find the prior reviews to be on the contrary to my family's experience. The threat of gangs and violence can occur in any school and any place for that matter. I've found the staff and administrators to be helpful, understanding and professional not only towards the parents but also the children. This is a middle school, we as parents can't expect the teachers to watch every child every second of every mintue during classes or in between. Our middle school aged children should be responsible and mature enough to distinct 'good' from the 'bad' crowds and it's up to the parents to educate their children on the correct decorum for school. Don't put blame upon the adminstrators of any school but place it where it belongs. Academically our children are provided with all the tools to succeed. It's up to us to encourage our children to utilize those tools.

Posted March 22, 2008
This school is cool but it does have alot of fights and it has alot gang problems. My mom wanrs me in a good school but what other school can I go to ? There's even a kid walking around the halls with a gang sign on his head. The principals don't even do anything about it. Most of my friends think it's a horrible school.

Posted July 13, 2005
I LOVE school but ever since I've been going to this one i've hated going. The students always make fun of people, and when teachers do hear it they dont do anyhting about it. There is very poor disiplin and I even feel unsafe there. Students get into fights all the time, and teachers dont even notice it until someone's hurt or bleeding. Me and my brother both agree that this is the worst school we have ever been to.

Posted September 09, 2003
This school is academic warning! This school has gang problems and our children are unsafe! This school has fallen apart since we got this new principal and the school board won't do anything about the parents concerns regarding this school.

Northlake Middle School
202 South Lakewood Avenue, Northlake, IL  60164
Last modified Northlake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northlake Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top