Bad
Good

NMS falls short in so many ways. The district's Board is out of touch and needs to be replaced. All emphasis is placed on what the students are wearing, eating and how loudly they're talking and no emphasis is placed on education. Teachers point out that students are wearing shoes that in some miniscule way aren't to code, but walk around in neon pink gym shoes and spandex. They tell them not to chew gum while chewing gum themselves. They antagonize and are control freaks and play favorites among the students. They are more worried about doing locker checks for cell phones than worrying about the bullying going on in their hallways. If you can, send your kids somewhere else so they can actually get a good education and experience. They won't receive it here.

I think Northlake is a good school, They have had a lot of changes. They prompt a lot of positive programs for the students. My child has had no problems at this school. I staff are their for them and will help. I feel my child is safre while at school

This school is great. The teachers help the students out a lot. They also joke around with the students so school isn't always boring. There are gang things around, but not very much.

I find the prior reviews to be on the contrary to my family's experience. The threat of gangs and violence can occur in any school and any place for that matter. I've found the staff and administrators to be helpful, understanding and professional not only towards the parents but also the children. This is a middle school, we as parents can't expect the teachers to watch every child every second of every mintue during classes or in between. Our middle school aged children should be responsible and mature enough to distinct 'good' from the 'bad' crowds and it's up to the parents to educate their children on the correct decorum for school. Don't put blame upon the adminstrators of any school but place it where it belongs. Academically our children are provided with all the tools to succeed. It's up to us to encourage our children to utilize those tools.

This school is cool but it does have alot of fights and it has alot gang problems. My mom wanrs me in a good school but what other school can I go to ? There's even a kid walking around the halls with a gang sign on his head. The principals don't even do anything about it. Most of my friends think it's a horrible school.

Last modified Northlake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.