Posted January 09, 2015
This school is near bankruptcy and will not sustain in its current state. Do not be deceived by the prior positive reviews, as they were most likely written by employees whose children attend the school in exchange for free tuition. This establishment is in serious financial distress and will not be blessed if it continues to practice its deceptive practices. This is what happens when the administration and staff of Homewood Christian Academy misuse tuition money from hard-working parents. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Posted April 11, 2014
This is a great school that provides an excellent Christian education! This school prepares students with a quality education that enables them to become successful students, that succeeded in college and in life!

Posted April 09, 2014
Homewood Community Academy is a phenomenal educational institution. The teachers sincerely care about my childrens' academic career and they make sure they do everything in their power to ensure their success. My children love going to school everyday and they compete with each other on who can get the best grades. Parents are really involved in their childrens education at HCA. The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is very strong. One of the most important aspects of the success of HCA is that there is a partnership between the teachers, parents and students. When you have that combination its a WIN-WIN!!!

Homewood Christian Academy 4

Posted June 15, 2013
I had a one year dealing with this school, and I have to say that the teacher that my son had was phenomenal. Mrs. Boston is one of the most caring, dedicated, and God Fearing woman I have ever met! She really took the time to work with my son who had a learning disability. SHe was very patient and worked with him to find the best fit and gave him the high-quality education that he deserved! I cannot say that many teachers would go that same route. SHe went above and beyond the call of duty! Thank GOD for Mrs. Merichco, she deeply cares for the children and is very blessed to have Mrs. BOston on her team of teachers.

Posted February 04, 2013
I am a extremely grateful and proud parent of HCA. I have a child that started in their first PreK3 program and now who is in the third grade. My second child is now currently enrolled in their Prek3 program. I never planned for my child to go to school at the age of three. I thought is was way to early for a child. I decided to do so anyway because i didn't want daycare. I am so glad i mad this choose. My child is testing at levels well passed her grade level and her classmates. Not only that she is getting a excellent education, but is able to be apart of such an amazing family at HCA. The Teachers and Principals at HCA not only show up to do their jobs, but do over beyond for our children. They treat all the children as if they were their own. I've never seen such compassion from a school. i cant say enough greatness about this school. I would be writing for days. I know that some people were a little disappointed about the school having to move, but I've never seen people work so hard to keep a school going. Especially when i'm seeing private schools close left and right. I am here with them as they continue fight for the education of our children. Grateful Parent

Posted January 11, 2013
I am a grandparent of a current HCA student. I have been fortunate enough to see my children, as well as grandchild, benefit from attending HCA. The satisfaction of seeing young ones educated and very well equipped to compete in the academic arena is only one benefit. It is a testimony to the commitment of HCA staff to educate, address learning issues, and instill Christian values into the lives of each student as long as they are there. Unfortunately, HCA had to make moves to two different locations over tnhe past three years. Enrollment suffered. These economic times are difficult for many organizations, schools, and families. Having "experienced" the two moves of the school (after over 30 years in existence in the same location), I am still confident of the caliber of an HCA education. I believe the benefits far outweigh the financial, social, and educational challenges placed on our society today. Homewood Christian Academy has met my family"s needs exceedingly well - regardless of what "town" it is in. I pray that God meets the needs of families and staff of HCA

Posted January 11, 2013
I am a former student of HCA and a proud mom of 2 children who currently attend. I am daily impressed with the education, care, and support I received and my children now receive at Homewood. Yes, the school has been in a time of transition lately. However, this has not interrupted the commitment from the teachers, staff, and administration to make sure my children succeed both spiritually and academically. I am in awe at the drive the teachers have to ensure my children's spiritual integrity and academic excellence. There is no comparison between the educational standard at HCA and that of the local public (and some private) schools. Anyone who takes the time to investigate and compare the standardized test scores will see this, and the tuition is more than comparable to other area private institutions. Like anything else, with HCA, you find what you look for. If you choose to highlight the things that may be struggles or challenges, that's all you'll see. However, I see a school that has made a concerted effort to overcome these challenges, and it will definitely rise and take its place among the best and most successful of private institutions.

Posted December 14, 2012
I am a past parent from this school and this school is just falling apart. They should of been shut this school down! They move every year, the staff members are terrible, and is a waste of money. Honest to God, your children are not learning anything different from public school kids. All parents i suggest you take your child out immediately like i have and put him in a better environment.

Posted October 22, 2012
I will keep this real short.....This is a really bad school, I saw other reviews that stated it may have potential but I beg to differ... this school has not one bit of potential... first let s begin with the children, my kids where bullied and mistreated the whole time they spent there, the office staff treat you like you are stupid , and let s talk about the name "Homewood" when have they even been in Homewood, IL this school has moved almost all of the south suburbs seems like every two years and expect parents to just follow them, the education is less than comparable to the nearest public school and they have the nerve to charge a arm and leg for tuition, in my opinion this school should have closed their doors months ago. Please take your children to a better school.

Posted October 20, 2012
This is no where near a stable school, if you are the type who enjoys moving from location to location every two years then by all means this is the place for you. But if you are looking for someone where stable where there isn't a revolving door of students and staff I would say keep looking. The office staff is God awful, they seem to have no clue on any question posed to them it's a big guessing game. I wouldn't advise anyone who cares about their childs education to enroll. Only if they have better leadership, better communication, less highschool mean girl attitude then maybe this place would have potential, but I would doubt that happens. really bad school to attend for such a high cost of tuition

Homewood Christian Academy
5217 149th Street, Oak Forest, IL  60452
Last modified Homewood Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Homewood Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top