Posted February 25, 2015
I'm a newer parent, my children CURRENTLY attend this school and I'm not employed by HCA. I feel that I'm qualified to write an honest & unbiased review of this school. Many parents, myself included, are not enrolling our children next year. Disorganization, lack of leadership, zero communication, the inability to control classroom behavior, favoritism to staff's children, and lack of quality teachers are hurting this school. There have been many cases of unethical behavior. I agree with the other reviewes. The school had the potential to live up to the claims of high expectations but failed to deliver. HCA today is not the HCA of the past. Splitting from the church was the worst thing that could happen to this school.

Posted February 17, 2015
Speaking from my own experience I think Homewood Christian Academy is a far superior school than any I have seen or been a part of. My 34-year-old son went there from kindergartento a junior in high school. The curriculum is fabulous the teachers are more than qualified. the principle of the past along with the current brilliant, tenderhearted and some of the most godly women I know. My youngest son attended summer school last summer for one month.his grade point average for reading jumped up nearly a year and a half putting him at the end of the current year he was going into. The small class sizes allowThe luxury of almost having a one-on-one education system. If I lived closer my son would be in attendance there but my 45 minute drive does not allow it.I hope and pray to see a high school there again in addition to the elementary school.

Posted February 16, 2015
Both of my children have attended HCA for several years. I continue to be impressed with their academic progress and the values and practices that are grounded in the school teaching philosophy. They provide my children with a Christ-centered, family environment that I know I won't find anywhere else. Although HCA struggles with acquiring funding for the extra-curricular things, as do most private schools, the administration and teachers continue to provide a stellar education for their students. The small class sizes allow for a personal touch. The teachers are able to spend one on one time with the students and always go above and beyond to make sure they succeed. The school achievement tests speak for themselves. My children consistently score at least 1 or 2 grade levels ahead, which is the norm for most students. I can't say enough great things about this institution, and I'm grateful my children have the opportunity to attend.

Posted February 14, 2015
The principal is asking for donations to totally revamp HCA's technology program. Public schools have taxpayer dollars for these types of needs. Many private schools of all faiths are facing a financial crunch. By God's grace HCA has been providing excellent Christian for 40 years and will continue despite the challenges all private schools face.

Posted February 06, 2015
You know the school is having a financial crisis when the school principal writes a post on her facebook page begging for a $19,000 check to the school. I'm praying for the parents, teachers, and children of this school.

Posted February 03, 2015
The school had the potential to live up to the claims of high expectations however there are financial and ethical considerations that are are taking away from making decisions that are in the best interest of the children. New administration and the inability to attract and retain good teachers is an obvious problem. Poor communication with parents, disorganization and questions of integrity and accountability are other issued observed. Public school a better choice with resources and government oversight.

Posted April 11, 2014
This is a great school that provides an excellent Christian education! This school prepares students with a quality education that enables them to become successful students, that succeeded in college and in life!

Posted April 09, 2014
Homewood Community Academy is a phenomenal educational institution. The teachers sincerely care about my childrens' academic career and they make sure they do everything in their power to ensure their success. My children love going to school everyday and they compete with each other on who can get the best grades. Parents are really involved in their childrens education at HCA. The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is very strong. One of the most important aspects of the success of HCA is that there is a partnership between the teachers, parents and students. When you have that combination its a WIN-WIN!!!

Homewood Christian Academy 4

Posted June 15, 2013
I had a one year dealing with this school, and I have to say that the teacher that my son had was phenomenal. Mrs. Boston is one of the most caring, dedicated, and God Fearing woman I have ever met! She really took the time to work with my son who had a learning disability. SHe was very patient and worked with him to find the best fit and gave him the high-quality education that he deserved! I cannot say that many teachers would go that same route. SHe went above and beyond the call of duty! Thank GOD for Mrs. Merichco, she deeply cares for the children and is very blessed to have Mrs. BOston on her team of teachers.

Posted February 04, 2013
I am a extremely grateful and proud parent of HCA. I have a child that started in their first PreK3 program and now who is in the third grade. My second child is now currently enrolled in their Prek3 program. I never planned for my child to go to school at the age of three. I thought is was way to early for a child. I decided to do so anyway because i didn't want daycare. I am so glad i mad this choose. My child is testing at levels well passed her grade level and her classmates. Not only that she is getting a excellent education, but is able to be apart of such an amazing family at HCA. The Teachers and Principals at HCA not only show up to do their jobs, but do over beyond for our children. They treat all the children as if they were their own. I've never seen such compassion from a school. i cant say enough greatness about this school. I would be writing for days. I know that some people were a little disappointed about the school having to move, but I've never seen people work so hard to keep a school going. Especially when i'm seeing private schools close left and right. I am here with them as they continue fight for the education of our children. Grateful Parent

Homewood Christian Academy
5217 149th Street, Oak Forest, IL  60452
Last modified Homewood Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Homewood Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top