Oak Lawn, IL

Sward Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2014
The teachers are great, the curriculum is excellent, and my son has been very happy there until the last couple of months. My son has eczema and is under a doctor's care. The school nurse continues to call, harass me, and claim I am doing nothing for my child. This week it was suggested I NOT send him to school until this is "under control." You think a nurse would know something about this. It's pretty awful that your medical staff is harassing parents of the students. It is enough to make me pull my child out of Sward. I hope someone looks into her conduct and no one else has to go through the belligerence I have had to. Thank you for your time.

Posted June 24, 2013
Sward is mostly populated by students from caring and involved families;thats part of what makes it such a great place! When both the family AND the school faculty are involved, success is available to any student. This school, its faculty and principal are exceptional individuals who are great at giving kids the tools they need for success. Principal Gloodt seems to know all the kids by name and is very involved in the day to day operations of the school. The teachers Ive had the pleasure of interracting with seem genuinely invested in their students success. I am very pleased with my students experiences at Sward.

Posted January 30, 2013
Great school with a demanding work load for the kids balanced by positive caring professional teaching staff. This school has a strong no-nonsense principal and provides a great learning environment for all the students.

Sward Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2012
Both of my girls attend Sward Elementary. My oldest started out in private school so I was not sure what to expect when she transferred to a public school. I have been more than pleased with the quality of their education.

Sward Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2010

Posted September 22, 2009
My daughter attended Sward School from 2nd to 5th grade. Mrs.Gloodt is an excellent principal, very involved with with all the students. The teacher are great at what they do.

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted March 08, 2008

Sward Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2006
We have been very pleased with Sward. My child had some attention issues and they were addressed by not only the principal and teacher, but at least 7 other professionals within the district. The principal and teacher involvement is top notch. I am looking forward to sending my other children to Sward.

Posted March 15, 2005
A fantastic school. The teachers and staff care very much about the children. Always open communication between parent / teacher.

Sward Elementary School
9830 Brandt Avenue, Oak Lawn, IL  60453
Last modified Sward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sward Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top