Bad
Good

Oak Lawn Community High School 3

Posted December 15, 2015
I honestly expected more from this high school given the amount of money we pay in taxes to live in this area. I once heard that this public school was at a private school level but I don't think that's true anymore. My kids have an average of 10 to 15 minutes of homework a night and I still can't get over how some teachers allow students to listen to music during class and even during their lecture. Call me old fashion (I graduated class of 2000) but I thought high school was a place where we send our kids to learn and be challenged academically not a place where they can hang out and listen to music while the teacher is trying to teach. Doesn't surprise me that they scored a 6 and it wouldn't surprise me if their rating kept dropping. I would send my kids to private school if I could afford it but I'm part of the middle class, so I can't, specially not after paying these high Oak Lawn property taxes, smh.

Oak Lawn Community High School 4

Posted November 18, 2014
It would be nice to see Oak Lawn's test scores and general reputation return to what it was not so long ago. It used to be considered one of the best high schools in the whole Chicago area. Now, even with flashes of brilliance with the speech and drama teams continuing to place high in state competition, and impressive AP offerings, it's seen as an average school overall. The good thing is that the potential is still there for any student to have a fine secondary education if they want it. That makes it above average in my book.

Posted June 22, 2013
My school is Oak Lawn Community. I love it. The teachers are excellent and my daughter chose this school over private schools in our area based on the programs they offer. Excellent honors and AP classes and a lot of opportunities outside the classroom for sports and activities. Wonderful drama program too. Encourage your student to get involved and participate in all the wonderful things this school has to offer. Sports program needs to focus on helping students obtain college scholarships.

Oak Lawn Community High School 4

Posted April 27, 2012
Great school for academics. The Forensic/Speech/Drama program is State award winning. It is nice to have a school that doesn't only take athletics into consideration.

Oak Lawn Community High School

Posted May 28, 2008
I love this school, 3 of my kids have graduated from here, all have gone on to college and feel they got a good foundation at OLCHS. Lots of activities and sports, just a nice friendly school.

Posted January 09, 2008
It's a good school with a good education program and committed coaches.

Posted June 08, 2006
This is one of the best high schools in the area. Honors program is really good!

Oak Lawn Community High School
9400 Southwest Hwy, Oak Lawn, IL  60453
Last modified Oak Lawn Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.