PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

They were mean to our children. Do not go there if you are not the right nationality.

St. Linus is a wonderful place! It provides a challenging curriculum in a faith based atmosphere with a strong emphasis on service to others. The teachers care about each of the children and go the extra mile to ensure the kids get the best education. The new principal is fantastic! There have been so many new and exciting changes since her arrival. The technology is growing by leaps and bounds which will ensure the children are fully prepared to meet the challenges of the 21st century. My kids love St. Linus. I can't imagine sending them anywhere else!

Develops character: Strongly agree

When the foundation of a school is built on God's love, you will see a trickle down effect within the students and parents!! Each student has the right to be treated fairly, and it stems from our values!

We chose St Linus for out 2 children because both my mother-in-law and husband attended St Linus. The reputation of the teachers, staff, kids, and community are what build the foundation of this school, and we are proud to be a part of it! We are Greek Orthodox and could have easily chosen a public school. We want our children raised with God as their center, and values and morals being incorporated in the curriculum!!! We love how this school is evolving with technology and academics, and our kids live going to school!!!

We transferred to St Linus in 2014 with three children. We were warmly welcomed by the school families in each grade level. The curriculum at St. Linus is challenging and the school offers many service opportunities. Our middle child joined the St Vincent De Paul young Vincentians and has visited nursing homes and homeless shelters. The school has a new principal this year who has made many wonderful changes and brought new technology in every classroom. We are very happy to have come here and feel blessed by all the friendships we've made.

Great curriculum and atmosphere. Caring faculty and staff who put students first. New technology is top notch. Definitely a 21st century school. The Catholic aspect is throughout the building and throughout what they believe. Great families.

$600 required fundraising fee. Ridiculous. My child has told me that he cries sometimes from being shouted at for just asking a question. Teachers are also known to tell children not to blame their parents if something is forgotten. How can small children be expected to handle all things themselves. It is our job as parents and if we forget, our child should not be made to feel bad for it. Very clicky group of parents who surely have not made us feel welcome. When I have taken my concerns to the principal I was told that maybe St Linus was not for our family and we should look for a different school. If you want to be treated like this, by all means send your kids to this school but I would highly suggest you keep looking.

How do I start?? Kindergarten here can be a good experience or a nightmare. My child went to pre -k here and we loved it. Kindergarten however has been a nightmare.. My child broke her wrist the 2nd day of school and my phone call from St Linus was that she fell but she was ok. They left out that she fell from a structure that was 5ft off the ground and that no one was monitoring a group of kids and she was pushed off. But of course that policy has since changed. And then there is the lice problem!!! The problem is they don't acknowledge that there is one. So plan on spending money on that. My child also went without an actual teacher for 3 months this year because she was ill and when we the parents expressed concern the principal (Dr Stritch) said "kindergarten is not mandatory in Illinois" you can pull them. Worst year of my life. I will miss the kids but not this school.

Excellent school, close knit families, great academics. Reasonable tuition. The principal (Stritch) really runs a tight ship. Very pleased.

I removed my children from St Linus this past year due to huge class sizes and a general dissatisfaction. Kindergarten and first grade are kept small but as soon as you hit second grade your child will be in an enormous class and you will not be informed until summer vacation! Facilities are outdated and all monies raised go to the Athletic Dept. I found most families to be very nice although there is a clique. It was difficult to move my children but it was the best decision I have made to date.

Last modified St Linus Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8