No rating

St Catherine Of Alexandria School

Private | PK-8 | 40 students

Living in Oak Lawn

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $134,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted August 12, 2008

I am looking forward to a positive change in the school educational structure due to the positive change in leadership, particularly with Ms. Hudson. Most people are resistant to change, but St. Catherine's needs it!! We have TO have our children proficient in Math, Science and computers so they are better prepared for their future. Ms. Hudson, work your magic!! Make sure that our children are obtaining the best education possible, while still maintaining our Catholic values - Respect, Responsibility and Reverence!! My daughter is starting 1st grade, after attending preschool at St. Catherines and I am looking forward to seeing the progression of our school into the 21st Century.

Posted April 15, 2008

I love sending my child to this school. It is safe and the kids benefit from learning so much. I am proud that we are apart of this wonderful parish and i hope others feel the same way.

Posted September 8, 2007

There is a real sense of family at St. Catherine's. The school has added many things to help those who struggle,ELS, a counselor a resource teacher. As someone else said with most Catholic schools, we may be behind with Math and Science when compared to the public schools. New principal this year may mean a different feel to the school. Yet to be seen. Like everything in life you get out of school what you put into it. There are many activities for the children to get involved with and many for the parents as well. This is a community in which many of the parents went to this school as well and have chosen to stay or move back and raise their families here and that says a lot. I graduated from St. Catherine. A place where you can really feel you belong.

Posted July 30, 2007

My kids are in the early grades, but I will say so far my experience with St. Catherines has been extremely positive. It is refreshing to deal with a Catholic school that doesn't focus on money, but rather on the child. I think, like many, many Catholic schools around, that the students tend to be slightly behind in math and science, but I also feel the children are truly cherished at this school and their self esteem benefits from this....so if I have to hire a math tutor or sit down and tutor them myself, that's fine with me. Great teachers. New principle coming on board in 2007.

Posted June 6, 2007

I felt that they did not put in enough effort to try to help kids that had serious issues at home that made them have trouble in school, based on my personal experience.

Posted January 12, 2007

I am a former student of this school and I have since graduated from high school and college. I feel that while in high school I was more then a little, prepared for my classes that I took. I think that like any situation, it is what you put into yout education that you get back.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 5, 2006

Have been less than thrilled with the school in the last couple of years, as my child prepared to graduate. Had no idea how far behind these kids were, and my child was an A student. I can only imagine how hard it was for those that were not.

Posted April 9, 2006

The level of education here is extremely subpar. The math is behind several levels and I feel that my child was not prepared at all when we transferred to another school. It took over a year for my child to catch up on several levels in several areas of study to public school work. I cannot believe we paid for this education. I attibute it to the leadership. There is a complacency here that knows no boundaries. In addition, there is a narrow-minded vision related to anything 'new' that really stifles any kind of creativity at any level educationally or even at a Family School Organization level. However, they do offer sports, music and extracurricular activities.

Posted January 28, 2006

We feel the school is doing a good job w/ our young child. Very family centerd school.

Posted November 14, 2005

Does not prepare students for High School, I felt like my child was behind in Math along with their friends.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Catherine Hudson
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Chicago

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10621 Kedvale Avenue