St Catherine Of Alexandria School 2

Posted January 10, 2009

Posted October 14, 2008

Posted August 12, 2008
I am looking forward to a positive change in the school educational structure due to the positive change in leadership, particularly with Ms. Hudson. Most people are resistant to change, but St. Catherine's needs it!! We have TO have our children proficient in Math, Science and computers so they are better prepared for their future. Ms. Hudson, work your magic!! Make sure that our children are obtaining the best education possible, while still maintaining our Catholic values - Respect, Responsibility and Reverence!! My daughter is starting 1st grade, after attending preschool at St. Catherines and I am looking forward to seeing the progression of our school into the 21st Century.

Posted April 15, 2008
I love sending my child to this school. It is safe and the kids benefit from learning so much. I am proud that we are apart of this wonderful parish and i hope others feel the same way.

Posted October 22, 2007

Posted September 08, 2007
There is a real sense of family at St. Catherine's. The school has added many things to help those who struggle,ELS, a counselor a resource teacher. As someone else said with most Catholic schools, we may be behind with Math and Science when compared to the public schools. New principal this year may mean a different feel to the school. Yet to be seen. Like everything in life you get out of school what you put into it. There are many activities for the children to get involved with and many for the parents as well. This is a community in which many of the parents went to this school as well and have chosen to stay or move back and raise their families here and that says a lot. I graduated from St. Catherine. A place where you can really feel you belong.

St Catherine Of Alexandria School 0

Posted July 30, 2007
My kids are in the early grades, but I will say so far my experience with St. Catherines has been extremely positive. It is refreshing to deal with a Catholic school that doesn't focus on money, but rather on the child. I think, like many, many Catholic schools around, that the students tend to be slightly behind in math and science, but I also feel the children are truly cherished at this school and their self esteem benefits from this....so if I have to hire a math tutor or sit down and tutor them myself, that's fine with me. Great teachers. New principle coming on board in 2007.

St Catherine Of Alexandria School 2

Posted June 06, 2007
I felt that they did not put in enough effort to try to help kids that had serious issues at home that made them have trouble in school, based on my personal experience.

Posted January 12, 2007
- a former student
I am a former student of this school and I have since graduated from high school and college. I feel that while in high school I was more then a little, prepared for my classes that I took. I think that like any situation, it is what you put into yout education that you get back.

St Catherine Of Alexandria School 3

Posted May 05, 2006
Have been less than thrilled with the school in the last couple of years, as my child prepared to graduate. Had no idea how far behind these kids were, and my child was an A student. I can only imagine how hard it was for those that were not.

St Catherine Of Alexandria School
10621 Kedvale Avenue, Oak Lawn, IL  60453
Last modified St Catherine Of Alexandria School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Catherine Of Alexandria School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top