Oak Lawn, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 05, 2014
St Louis De Montfort School has far exceeded my expectations for a Catholic grade school. I was looking for a school that would help my children grow not only in their education, but in their Catholic faith. What we found at St Louis De Montfort was a community that cares about both of these equally. The education that my children is receiving is first rate! The newly created STEM Lab is so impressive and innovative that this benefit alone is going to help my children learn and grow and be prepared for their future workforce. The staff and faculty have become like family to us! The bathrooms have recently gone through a renovation and the improvements keep coming. The sports programs keep us involved and engaged with the other families. The Parish Pastor is very welcoming to all of the school families and helps create a feeling of unity between Parish and School. I'm grateful for this school and for the work they are doing to make sure my children have the best education, faith and security they need for their future. I look forward to many more years at St Louis De Montfort School!

Posted October 26, 2014
This is by far the best school I have found. We sent our son to another school until the end of third grade, We had to find another school because of bullying. We looked long at hard for a school that would fit my son well. We chose St. Louis de Montfort because of their zero tolerance policy on bullying, but found even more. The faculty and principal are pleasant and LIKE the children. Our principal works tirelessly and endlessly to make this school the best. She takes her job very seriously, and responds to any complaint - the thing is, if someone has a complaint such as bullying, they need to TELL SOMEONE, and I guarantee, something will be done to stop it. I've never met nicer children than are in this school - there is a comraderie among students which is refreshing. Academically, I have only one word to say - STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). This school is the only one I konw in the area that offers the STEM program, and now we have a STEM lab complete with state of the art technology, computers, iPads, robots, a drone, and much more. STEM is indicative of this school's dedication to quality education and commitment to the children's future.

St Louis De Montfort School 3

Posted March 03, 2014
I agree the school needs a good deep cleaning. It is filled with germs and they have a young kid who does the "cleaning" while classes are in session. Not sure how kids classrooms are getting cleaned like they are supposed to. Toilet paper missing from bathrooms and locks on doors don't exist. I remember the bathrooms were being renovated...they are worse now then before that. But overall my child absolutely LOVES it there and would go nowhere else. Just wish the classes would cater to a left handed child.

Posted November 13, 2013
This school has a great curriculum and teachers are great, but the school is very dirty and outdated. The principal has been told numerous times about the lack of cleanliness of the bathrooms and school rooms and nothing has been done.

St Louis De Montfort School 4

Posted November 04, 2013
My son Mason just started pre-k here with Miss Joyce and loves his teacher and new friends. He brings home so many fun activities and can't wait to show it to us. I can't help but feel he is in a great environment.

St Louis De Montfort School 4

Posted August 25, 2013
If quality of education is your focus then this school is the best kept secret in Burbank/Oak Lawn. Music, Language, and now Tech subjects are now part of the core curriculum. Athletics and arts are offered as well. Parents could participate more but it seems this has been changing. There is a new feel in this school, seems to be getting younger with more energy. Good to see a catholic school finally catching up with modern times.

Posted June 25, 2013
This school is a dysfunctional disaster of an institution. I know because I went there. Many of the students are nothing but bullies. That school scarred me for life. What makes matters worse is that the faculty and principal were aware of what went on there and did nothing.

Posted February 23, 2013
This school is a joke. If you care about your child & his/her education look elsewhere! Please take my advice, the worst thing I did to my children was putting them here. People should get their kids out now before it's too late! The staff is incompetent to say the least.

Posted August 01, 2011
I read the latest Terra Nova scores in the Principal's newsletter and in the reports prepared by the Testing Company. Congratulations to the teachers for a job well done! This is a great school--that's why it's growing.

Posted July 10, 2011
This school works tirelessly to educate children well. Let the results speak for themselves. St. Louis de Montfort has grown in enrollment to 270 students for the 2010-2011 school year--its highest enrollment in well over a decade. The school also proudly operates the largest Catholic preschool program in the area. The school has partnered with the Rowland Reading Foundation to offer a "Super Kids" program that trains participating schools to become a National Center for Excellence in Reading. The school offers a Junior Scientists Program, Computer classes taught in a new lab by a college instructor who teaches web page design among much else and Music classes taught by a professional recording artist. If you want to learn more, visit the school web site at www.sldmontfort.com The best way to judge a good school is to see it for yourself. The office staff works very hard to offer personalized appointments to the convenience of prospective parents. Call and make an appointment to see all that the school offers.

St Louis De Montfort School
8840 Ridgeland Avenue, Oak Lawn, IL  60453
Last modified St Louis De Montfort School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Louis De Montfort School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top