PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 15, 2016
I have many children in attendance at St. Gerald School. We have been very blessed with a supportive administrative staff and kind teachers. As with any school, there could be improvements. Budget limitations limit the amount of technological opportunities. Despite that, I feel that my children are receiving a great education. The religious aspect of this school is so sound. My children have developed such a strong faith and that in itself has made our time at St. Gerald School worth it.

Posted October 15, 2014
St. Gerald is a great place to be! We have been here for years! As I look at posts from parents that are negative, I just shake my head. Of course, every school isn't going to work out for every family. To go out of your way and make up stories about teachers and clubs at the school, is just immature and wrong. I have been in Mothers' Club for years and it's great! It's what you make of it. They do so much for the students, teachers and school. You only become miserable and an outcast if YOU choose to be one where ever you are at. Glad St. L is a better fit for you and your children.

St Gerald School 1

Posted October 13, 2014
The biggest mistake we ever made was putting our children in this school! The principle sloppy, unorginized and favors a group of parents. He hides & lies about issues to the archdiocese & does not work well under pressure if you ask him to handle a situation that is too complicated for him. He dismisses MAJOR BULLYING ISSUES in this school. It's pure discuss on how this school runs. Yes, the tuition may be the lowest around. However you get what you pay for. This is truly one of the worst schools around the south suburbs! The parents that write false positives about this school are the parents that bully other parents not to mention the mothers club who will out cast you and make sure to make your lives miserable. The teachers at this school should not be teaching your child/ren PERIOD! After 3 yrs in this sethpool we decided to put our children in at St. L. It was such an imberressment when the teachers asked "What have the other teachers been teaching your children over the past 3 years?" Both of my children's teachers at the new school have addressed that my children are behind in all their subjects even gym! I'm glad we made the move.

Posted August 21, 2014
Great Catholic school. Family atmosphere. Top notch teachers. My child loves going to this school!

St Gerald School 1

Posted August 06, 2014
We have been going to Gerald's for two years and have decided we won't be coming back.

Posted July 07, 2014
St Gerald School is a wonderful school. You can't find a better group of teachers, administration, or a better Pastor. The students do receive a top notch education, learn Catholic values, and form bonds for life with their classmates. There is something special about the atmosphere. Everyone is welcomed kindly and individual strengths are encouraged. Your child will be fulfilled at STG academically and spiritually. As an alum, I chose to return to give my kids the experience I was so fortunate to have.

Posted July 07, 2014

Posted June 28, 2014
After 2 years of my daughter attending St. Gerald I would highly recommend this school. The key is to avoid the parents that look for something to complain about instead of looking at themselves, Although I guess that is true at any school. Peace to all.

Posted June 27, 2014
My daughter has been at St. Gerald's for two years now (Pre-K and K), and our experience has been nothing but positive. She loves going each day. When she had an allergy issue come up this year, her kindergarten teachers were very patient and understanding, and made me feel reassured that she was with people who cared for her well-being. She has learned a lot in her time there - I was so pleased to have her reading by mid-year of kindergarten! My interactions with the teachers and administrative staff have always been positive. Class size is small, which allowed for a lot of one on one attention from the teachers for each child. Parental involvement is high, which allows for a very nurturing environment for the kids. The new gym facility is great, and we look forward to more opportunities to enjoy what is has to offer as she gets older. Overall, we are very happy with our decision to send out daughter to St. Gerald's, and are looking forward to first grade! .

Posted May 18, 2014
I'm a parent that is involved at the school! I feel my children are getting a great education. As like many schools, their are clicks (let's face it, people just get a long better with certain people) yes there is some bulling, but again that happens at most schools! Unfortunately we did lose some families!! But that is by choice! As a community member, parish member & family of St. Gerald, I do believe that we the parents (willing parents) can make change happen! And remember, if someone says something that your child might have done (good or bad) please look into it before stating "not my child" this will help in matters!! Thanks and St Gerald is a Great Place to Be!!

St Gerald School