Posted April 09, 2013
My daughter has been at Holmes for 5 years. this school is amazing it has all I would want for my kids academically and socially. The staff is all very approachable and cooperative, very supportive and care for each child in a personal way. The school is pretty diverse and celebrates its different cultures yearly on " The International Taste of Holmes". The principle is really nice and knows all families by name. I would recommend Holmes to any family.

Oliver W Holmes Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2012
Holmes had fantastic opportunities for families to be involved. In particular, my daughter's third grade experience was with a teacher she cherishes for life. Ms. Ndiaye was her teacher that expected much and who gave all in return. After a teacher that is so powerful to a child, the next teacher has a rough job. We've left Holmes but are in Oak Park for visits. We think fondly of Holmes and really do miss it. It held true to it's mission. My daughter attended for 4 years. The school secretary can spin plates and another 20 things at once. She's amazing and so great to the kids.

Oliver W Holmes Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
Holmes is a very welcoming and academically challenging school. School leadership is excellent. Grade level teams work together to benefit all students. Special area teachers work closely with classroom teachers.

Posted April 08, 2010
Holmes meets all the needs of the child in a supportive and nurturing environment with sound academic fundimentals. The teachers go the extra mile, the new principal is very attentive and responsive and the parents are involved and welcoming. The emphasis is on the child/person and not the parent's wealth/materialism. There are many wealthy families here along with families of limited means and the kids all play together. A very special place.

Posted November 19, 2009
I will recommend anyone to Holmes Elementry School without any hesitiation. Inspiring environment where teachers, and parents work as team for holistic development of a child.

Oliver W Holmes Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Holmes elementary school staff and families pride themselseves on providing a wonderfully diverse experience for our children. Last year we became a 'greener' school with an organic garden (soon to be harvested, cooked by a local chef, and enjoyed by our children) and a 'No Waste' lunch program.

Posted September 19, 2009
Holmes is a great school! Wonderful staff, teachers, and parent involvement.

Posted February 20, 2009
I'm on my third child at Holmes Elementary and I find it to be the best of Public Education. The teachers are first rate and the administration is caring and professional. The parents are involved without being too crazed and - every one of my kids has left there happy, and well equipped to be toward the top of their class in subsequent grades - what else is there.

Posted December 28, 2008
My son has been here for 5 years and overall we're both very happy. There is a new principal in the last year and she is doing a good job. There are a lot of very progressive programs like zero waste, reading buddies, lunch pals with special needs kids, and a big emphasis on the global community of students. A very welcoming place. Easy to make friends if you make the effort to get involved.

Posted November 06, 2008
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Holmes and I am very impressed with the school's curriculum. I don't believe I could ask for more in a staff of dedicated teachers. Everyone works hard to ensure all children have an opportunity to succeed. The diversity is awesome! Excellent school in a great community!

Oliver W Holmes Elementary School
508 North Kenilworth Avenue, Oak Park, IL  60302
Last modified Oliver W Holmes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oliver W Holmes Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top