Bad
Good

We feel so lucky to live in a wonderful school district, because we want our children to attend public schools. We really enjoy Beye School for many reasons. First, the teachers are educated (many if not most have master's degrees), caring, open to parent involvement and accessible. I have never had a problem getting a response or contacting the teacher or administrative staff. Also, I love that there is very little turnover among the teachers and administration. Mr. E, the principal, is very involved, accessible and invested. I believe he's been there over 20 years, which is quite an achievement for him and the school. Second, there are many, many opportunities for parent involvement, extracurricular activities for children, and volunteer opportunities. Third, it is a smaller school in comparison to some of the other schools in Oak Park, and I feel like it is easier to form a close community among other parents and children. Fourth, there are "specials", even in kindergarten. There is Spanish, Art, Music, P.E., Computer Lab, and Library. They attend these specials as a class at least once a week. Fifth, Beye takes reading very seriously and they have many supports for children who need them, while still keeping all of their reading groups inclusive. I could go on and on, obviously, about teaching staff getting regular training, focusing on STEAM concepts, and creating a culture of a growth mindset. But this is already long. Thank you for reading!

I love this school!! The teachers have worked with my child to draw her out of her shell and let her shine! The principal, Mr. E, seems to know every child and makes sure to stop and say hello every time we run into him outside of school. :)

I love this school! The teachers are great and so is the principal and other staff. My daughter is flourishing and is pushed to excel past her potential. The GTD program is great and it helps her to stay focused and gives her a challenge.

The school, teachers, leadership, PTO, after school program are great! Teachers care and go the extra mile with students and the parents. There is a sense of community with the school. Son is getting the guidance and attention that he needs. Parents are supported by the faculty to be better parenting skillsets.

I think Beye is a fabulous school. Mr Ellwanger spent many hours listening to my concerns and helping me make the best decision for my child. He is very approachable and hands on...plus parents and students love him. He has a true gift. It is a special place and my son loves to go to school.

Last modified William Beye Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.