Bad
Good

Excellent teachers who go the extra mile. Great at identifying and serving the needs of each individual student.

there was a huge protest on the eastern seaboard this summer. regarding core. science and math scores dropped by 50 percent. dont let them do this to your kids. dumbing down the american population even further.

The principal Mrs. Carter is wonderful. She loves her student and staff. It is an honor for my child to attend this school.

The principal at this school is a super star. She knows every child in the school and can say a good thing spontaneously about each one. My daughter has both sensory and behavior issues and the school has been wonderful to work with on her challenges.

I can't say enough about Hatch. We moved to Oak Park from the city and when we were moving all we heard about was Mann, so I was nervous about settling for anything less. Well, I am glad we are at Hatch. The school is warm and friendly and child-focused. The teachers are bright, enthusiastic and caring. The classes are small and everyone knows each other. I have two daughters in Kindergarten and 2nd grade. I am truly impressed with how much they are learning. The quality of the education is outstanding and the atmosphere is warm, friendly, and conducive to learning. I am a doctor and I take education seriously. My children love going to school and love to learn. Mrs. Carter, the principal, knows everyone and treats everyone with respect. Mrs. Hammond in the front office is also outstanding. I can't believe how she knows every family member. We are considering a move and it is so hard to decide because we love our school so much. Thanks Hatch.

I went to Hatch over 30 years ago and loved it then. I am glad to see it is still doing well and the kids are loving it.

I have had my children in this school for the past two years. I love that it is a smaller school in a town of relatively big schools. I love that the principal (Mrs. Carter) and the staff (Mrs. Hammond in particular) know each child by name -- know a lot of the parents by name! -- and aim to truly get to know the students as individuals. Every teacher we've had has been excellent, loved by our kids and completely supportive of the special needs of each of my children. I love this school. We thought of moving to a different home last year and I couldn't do it because I couldn't leave this school. Thanks Hatch!

Both of my children attended Hatch. Great, caring teachers. An amazing principal. Involved parents. Wonderful kids--there is a great spirit of comraderie in each grade level. Generally, the students all seem to get along well with each other, as the teachers and administrators facilitate this attitude of cooperation and teamwork. Hatch definitely feels like a family.

This school is very well run. Mrs. Carter makes the school work for the kids. She knows all the kids and since its the smallest of the Oak park schools she is able to cater to the kids needs--whether its moving them up a year or getting them extra help. My son has received extra help that I'm not sure he would have gotten at any other Oak park school.

My son is in Kindergarten at Hatch and really loves it! I think his teacher is great. My son wasn't reading when he started and now he's reading everything. She invites parents to come in and help out with Math and Science stations as well as other activities. She's very organized and is firm yet supportive. I am very happy with how my son is learning so many different concepts, and is so excited to go to school. The principal is also great. She seems very excited about and involved with everything that's happening at her school. She has some great projects, such as the school-wide book marathon. The kids were very excited about that. His school year is almost over and I have nothing to complain about!

Last modified William Hatch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.