Oak Park & River Forest High School 1

Posted March 19, 2014
I was choosing between this school and another and nearly made the mistake of picking this one. I went to the school that places people into the school and made all honors. However, if you don't make all honors here then it's too bad for you. They put way to much weight on honors and music and not nearly enough on minorities and kids who aren't academically strong. I consistently see kids smoking on hither campus and nobody seems to care. Overall if you have a high work ethic and are an honors student who is not afraid to get trampled in a hallway of 4000 people than this is a good school for you. 1/8th of the kids will go on to top tier colleges, 1/2 will fail to meet state standards. My friend who struggles academically goes here and they don't even acknowledge that he wants to got o a college and treat him like he has no chance. Finally, the people are wild. Whether it's people randomly swearing at you or jumping over your head for no apparent reason half of the student body could not care less about discipline and has no reason to, there is no disciplinary enforcement there.

Posted March 06, 2014
OPRF is one of the main reasons why we moved to Oak Park, Il. The elementary and middle schools are exemplary as well. Our eldest was accepted into an excellent university and our other two children have shown that their education in their respective districts (97 & 200) are a life long benefit.

Posted December 08, 2013
OPRF is a great school to attend. I am a junior at the school and I can say I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I am preparing to apply to colleges and take the ACTs in April and I know that by going to OPRF I will do great on my ACTs and go to my top college. The teachers I have had since I started there have always been helpful and willing to stay late in order for a student to understand the material and they push you to learn things outside of the classroom and outside of the standardized education. I strongly suggest that if you are looking to attend a great high school you do so at OPRF.

Oak Park & River Forest High School 2

Posted January 09, 2013
This school has teachers that you can really learn from, but with my experience a lot of the staff doesn't really care about doing anything that they don't absolutely have to do. This is especially true in a non-honors class. Despite not being great in English classes, I enrolled in the honors English program just so that I would have a chance at having a teacher that would be able to maybe stay after school and explain something to me.

Posted December 07, 2011
OPRF is a shinning example of everything a good American school should be: an excellent educator that has a diverse, intelligent, and animated student body successful sports teams and extracurricular groups that cultivate strong leaders, actors, scientists, doctors, bloggers,.. and an open-minded philosophy on diversity and acceptance of various (racial, ethnic, sexual) demographic groups.

Oak Park & River Forest High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
I love this school because my son can walk to it, and they offer some excellent clubs and courses. It's not even close to being family-centered in its practices.

Posted May 11, 2010

Posted February 21, 2010

Posted July 11, 2009
(Contd.) We sold our Gold Coast condo and moved 'back' to River Forest so my daughter could benefit from the same great education. She is now working on her PhD. Thank you OPRF schools !

Oak Park & River Forest High School 0

Posted June 29, 2009
i graduatedd from oprf in 2009.its the best school in all possible way.if u like to be more interested in academics its the best choice.if u like to be good n extra curricular actvities its the ulimate choice

Oak Park & River Forest High School
201 North Scoville Avenue, Oak Park, IL  60302
Last modified Oak Park & River Forest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Park & River Forest High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top