Posted December 09, 2013
I love Brooks and all of the teachers and staff TRULY care about ALL students. There are no favorites, they are all treated equally and provide an environment that is diverse, fun and extremely challenging to students.

Posted April 29, 2010
The diversity of the curriculum and the exposure the school provides our students from home economics to robotics.

Posted July 21, 2009
My son James .D went whittier had some touble in wasnt doing so well. Than he went over to Brooks middle in did great honor roll student. Brooks has a wonder prinicpal and great teachers!!!!

Posted June 16, 2009

Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School 1

Posted March 23, 2009

Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School 4

Posted April 27, 2008
We teachers differentiate in many different ways and students do not have to feel overwhelmed or under-challenged. There are many extra-curricular opportunities and we have made AYP several years in a row. The biggest problem is that the school board and district administrators tend to submit to a small group of vocal parents, some of who will aggressively push their personal agendas regardless of the effects on the majority of other students. Many teachers at Brooks live in town and their kids attend. I don't know how long this will continue with property as expensive as it is.

Posted January 30, 2008
My children aren't here yet, but it should be noted that there was a new principal put in place in 2007.

Posted December 01, 2007
I have been going to this school all the three years and I really like it. They have a nice principal and great teachers that listen to all the students problems. I recommend any child to come to Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School. '08!!!!

Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School 4

Posted September 06, 2007
I am a parent that has a son in seventh grade and was a product of Chicago public school systems. I was so disappointed in that system that I home schooled with A-Beka curriculum until I was able to move to the present school district 97 in Oak Park Illinois. The quality of academic programs is almost college level. For some, that could be discouraging, for me it's great because I am committed to helping him when needed. Brooks school does send you to Academic Support if you are having difficulty in a class, so your child is not left hanging on a limb.Teachers do communicate heavily with you if needed. I recommend this school if you want to see a difference in your child!

Posted July 24, 2007
I am an African American parent and I love this school. The teachers are great and the principal is also. I wish the 6th grade assistant principal could loosen up a little and have sincere smile. This will make it more easier to approach her with concerns. My son made the honor roll and I am proud of him and the wonderful school he attends.

Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School
325 South Kenilworth Avenue, Oak Park, IL  60302
Last modified Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top