Oak Park, IL

Posted April 23, 2014
My daughter is currently enrolled in the PK4 Program at St. Giles. I have been thrilled with the entire academic environment both years we've been attending. I'm a stay-at-home mom and know that the knowledge she had gained this school year has not come from me! The curriculum has been clear from the start, as well as the academic goals. I see my daughter achieving these goals and standards, and the teachers are completely to thank. She is proud of her accomplishments, and I'm so glad we chose this school. There is a lot of experience being utilized in how the PK4 program is structured, and it is evident in the materials and work that comes home every day with my daughter. Also, she is completely transformed socially, and is respectful of the school environment, which she's learned at Giles. I am so confident she is ready for kindergarten, 100%. Above and beyond.

St Giles School 1

Posted March 06, 2014
Preschool is not equipped for preparing students for Kindergarten; teachers are nice and are well equipped with playing with children or allowing them to nap, but if you are looking for reading/writing/math readiness, pass on this preschool; the school is poorly run, and administration is lacking in everything. Great history of the school and from others that attended in the past, but currently, the school is not what you would expect. Diversity is lacking also. There are better places to send your child.

Posted December 10, 2013
This is our second year at St Giles and we love the school and teaching staff. We've had an exceptional experience with (Pre-K) Katie Trankina and (Pre-K) Bridget LaPietra and team.

Posted February 13, 2012
I believe that St Giles is an excellent school. I like the environment and parent involvement that many schools just don't have (at least from what I've heard). The teachers I've had experience with show great concern for my children. At St. Giles, I feel comfortable in knowing that my children are safe and in a positive learning environment where not only school work is being accomplished, but life skills such as self-discipline/morals, sharing, and learning about religion are being emphasized. I'm proud that my children, unlike myself, are afforded the opportunity to attend an outstanding Catholic/ private school like St Giles.

St Giles School 1

Posted June 06, 2011
When our 3 year old entered pre-3, the teacher asked us to fill out a form asking for details about our child. I wrote that I wanted her to be challenged because she had a rather large vocabulary, could read & write, & her pediatrician, music teacher, people she'd meet, everyone noticed. Her preK teacher didn't, & our daughter spent 2 years doing mindless busywork at school. The classwork she brought home was shockingly simple/useless. We found out later that the teacher did extra teaching for six students, but we can't comment on the quality of that because our daughter wasn't one of them. When she turned 4, we had her tested at Northwestern. In reading she was >99.95ile, in math >98%ile. It was recommended that she be placed in "a stimulating environment at a level several years beyond current placement." Sadly, the preK teacher hadn't the faintest. If you think your child is bright, LOOK ELSEWHERE. St. Luke's in RF has a formal gifted program, St. Vincent's in RF offers more robust early education, and every OP public school is mandated to have gifted programs. We have yet to hear from the principal despite several attempts to meet with her. Hope it doesn't happen to your child.

Posted July 09, 2010
We have had a great experience at St. Giles. When our son was in pre-school, his teacher recognized that he needed some specialized help which enabled us to address what could have become a larger problem. Now entering 2nd grade, he is continuing to flourish. St Giles provides a caring, nuturing environment, with teachers who are engaged with the students.

Posted July 08, 2010
Both my husband and I had parents who taught in public schools, so we are very big public school supporters. We put our oldest daughter in pre-school at St. Giles expecting her to attend public school for kindergarten. However, our daughter absolutely flourished in the pre-school at St. Giles. The nuturing environment and excellent academics of the school have seen her through to her start of fourth grade this year. Our twin five-year-olds have had an equally positive pre-school experience and are moving on to St. Giles' kindergarten. Thank you St. Giles for all you do for our children!

Posted July 08, 2010
Our son attended St.Giles Preschool and will be entering Kindergarten this fall. We couldn't be happier! The entire St.Giles community is very supportive and involved. Our son loved his teachers and looked forward to going every day. We have lived in this community for 10 years and have never heard anything negative about the school and so far we've found it to be true. We look forward to sending our younger son to school there as well.

St Giles School 3

Posted June 03, 2010
We sent our child to this school for two years but we did not feel the environment was as positive as the prior reviewers. Our child's teacher felt during his first year he needed early intervention because he was too shy and didn't talk to her. Even though he was reading grades above his level and interacted well with classmates and otherwise really enjoyed going to the school. We tried to communicate his strengths to the teacher but it was dismissed. We continued another year hoping for an improvement, but the teacher told my husband during the parent teacher conference she wasn't sure she would feel comfortable promoting him to the next level! Due to this negative and insulting experience and to spare this teacher of any "embarrassment" of promoting him, we will be sending our child to the public school which is very good and not looking back.

Posted December 28, 2009
St. Giles is the best school I have ever went to they have a awesome staff list students treat you like family I would tell somebody who is looking for a school to attend

St Giles School