PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have worked with the early childhood team and found them to be a welcoming and dedicated staff. The children were engaged in fun and exciting projects. The teachers planned open-ended activities that were showcased during the Science Open House.

St. Giles has been a great experience for all of my 3 children. They are still young and the youngest is still in the PreK 3. Preschool is a great initiation for what is to come in their future education. They are taught to be kind, share, listen and interact with others. I certainly didn't think I put them in preschool to become an Einstein- but to learn basics and enjoy time spent with teachers and new friends. I really appreciate what the preschool and early education has done for my children. The community that surrounds these ages is wonderful as well.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

This is hearsay but this principal's main goal is supposed to be the oust the teachers who get pain too much money to bring in cheaper workers. This principal seems to have no vision for curriculum. Sad.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They're definitely not starting this at the pre school level. There is no story time or song time with the kids. They only color pages, have a nap and play outside, all while the teacher sits at her desk on her phone.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

At least one teacher at the pre k level should be fired for only sitting at her desk and playing on her phone all day while the kids do worksheets and coloring pages.

My daughter is currently enrolled in the PK4 Program at St. Giles. I have been thrilled with the entire academic environment both years we've been attending. I'm a stay-at-home mom and know that the knowledge she had gained this school year has not come from me! The curriculum has been clear from the start, as well as the academic goals. I see my daughter achieving these goals and standards, and the teachers are completely to thank. She is proud of her accomplishments, and I'm so glad we chose this school. There is a lot of experience being utilized in how the PK4 program is structured, and it is evident in the materials and work that comes home every day with my daughter. Also, she is completely transformed socially, and is respectful of the school environment, which she's learned at Giles. I am so confident she is ready for kindergarten, 100%. Above and beyond.

Preschool is not equipped for preparing students for Kindergarten; teachers are nice and are well equipped with playing with children or allowing them to nap, but if you are looking for reading/writing/math readiness, pass on this preschool; the school is poorly run, and administration is lacking in everything. Great history of the school and from others that attended in the past, but currently, the school is not what you would expect. Diversity is lacking also. There are better places to send your child.

This is our second year at St Giles and we love the school and teaching staff. We've had an exceptional experience with (Pre-K) Katie Trankina and (Pre-K) Bridget LaPietra and team.

I believe that St Giles is an excellent school. I like the environment and parent involvement that many schools just don't have (at least from what I've heard). The teachers I've had experience with show great concern for my children. At St. Giles, I feel comfortable in knowing that my children are safe and in a positive learning environment where not only school work is being accomplished, but life skills such as self-discipline/morals, sharing, and learning about religion are being emphasized. I'm proud that my children, unlike myself, are afforded the opportunity to attend an outstanding Catholic/ private school like St Giles.

When our 3 year old entered pre-3, the teacher asked us to fill out a form asking for details about our child. I wrote that I wanted her to be challenged because she had a rather large vocabulary, could read & write, & her pediatrician, music teacher, people she'd meet, everyone noticed. Her preK teacher didn't, & our daughter spent 2 years doing mindless busywork at school. The classwork she brought home was shockingly simple/useless. We found out later that the teacher did extra teaching for six students, but we can't comment on the quality of that because our daughter wasn't one of them. When she turned 4, we had her tested at Northwestern. In reading she was >99.95ile, in math >98%ile. It was recommended that she be placed in "a stimulating environment at a level several years beyond current placement." Sadly, the preK teacher hadn't the faintest. If you think your child is bright, LOOK ELSEWHERE. St. Luke's in RF has a formal gifted program, St. Vincent's in RF offers more robust early education, and every OP public school is mandated to have gifted programs. We have yet to hear from the principal despite several attempts to meet with her. Hope it doesn't happen to your child.

Last modified St Giles School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8