Oakpark Montessori School 4

Posted September 24, 2014
I believe this school has undergone some administrative changes because many of the previous reviews do not apply. We have had a wonderful experience at this school. Our daughter was in the infant room from 3 mos until 15 mos when we moved out of state. The teachers in that room are extremely loving and caring. It is more of a home-based type of daycare where you really get to know the teachers well. There continues to be occasional communication issues with administration, but mostly not a problem. I would highly recommend this school, especially the infant program.

Oakpark Montessori School 3

Posted February 15, 2012
I would say that the staff and the owner of this school are loving and committed to the Montessori method and principles and have struggled with the growing pains that any Montessori school likely experiences. My child thrived under their care (cannot say enough about the teachers, especially the baby/toddler team who cared for our child like they would their own.) The team there had a direct impact on her overall character and development and it was extremely positive. I will admit there are challenges with the school like the need for better communication and some small fixes should be made to ensure the security of the facility. However, I do understand that in case of fire, that the building/fencing cannot be secured in such a way that the children cannot get out. These issues need to be addressed by the owner to ensure the success of the school long-term. I would give an above-average review for Montessori and the care the staff provides but can only give an average review to the school overall based upon some of the changes that need to be made.

Oakpark Montessori School 1

Posted August 16, 2011
Extremely disapointed in this school. My son went here from August until July. We stuck it out because we loved his teachers. They work very hard, but were chronically understaffed. I rarely saw the owner and she was very unresponsive to any kind of communication. Every time I called she was out of the country. We are still waiting for a response to an email my spouse sent. In addition the back gate could be opened very easily. A child could easily slip out while kids were out at recess. Anyone could also easily slip in to the playground. I am glad my son is not there. I found out that the teachers went to another school. It was a no brainer to follow them. In the month he has been there he has thrived. At three and a half he is starting to spell words out loud to me. This says so much about the teachers. However they are no longer at OPMS.

Oakpark Montessori School 1

Posted August 15, 2011
What a scary experience this was for us; Unlocked doors where preschoolers could run into the alley and anyone could walk in; unsecured playground equipment along fences with broken wires sticking out; kids playing with snow-melting chemicals in the yard...the owner even made whole classrooms stay home during DCFS visits because she wasn't supposed to have them there. Despite the sterile and inadequate environment they were given, the teachers always seemed to be warm and caring and appeared to be doing the best they could under the circumstances, but they also seemed chronically understaffed and lacking resources. Administrative organization was non-existent, for accounting, for field trips, for anything. We tried to stick it out for a few months, but were pretty ecstatic when we learned the teachers were leaving to go to another Montessori.

Oakpark Montessori School