Posted September 26, 2013
We love this school. I really like how much the teachers care about the success of the students. The expectations are high but I believe thats the way it should be. Any child that graduates from Orion has a great chance at succeeding in what ever college path they choose.

C R Hanna Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2013
Very difficult environment if one is not a prominent face in the community. Fairly safe, but it is very difficult to have a voice in this area.

C R Hanna Elementary School 2

Posted April 03, 2009
This school is GREAT for average or above average students. If your child has any difficulty learning, but isn't troubled enough to need to be pulled out for resource room good luck!!!

Posted February 19, 2008

Posted November 30, 2007
We are new to the school this year, and I admit that I was very nervous coming from a private school into a public. I thought that my son who is a very good student would not be challanged enough and that it would be a 'cake walk' for his 3rd grade year here. Much to my surprise, he is very challanged, things are actually more advanced for him at C R Hanna, and I am so glad that we made the move. He is so happy at this school, compared to the last. One major thing that I liked was in the begining of the school year, my son was assigned a different 'playmate' at recesses. I thought that this was a great idea so he would meet new kids, and make him feel welcome.

C R Hanna Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2007

Posted March 19, 2006
Well rounded school. The experience and educational level of the teachers is high. Test scores are wonderful. Student to teacher ratio is low. Parental involvement is awesome! The involvement from the community helps to keep the student to teacher ratio low. The Parent Teacher Association works with the music department to expose the children to different forms of music and arts throughout the year. Has the usual extracurricular activies. The teachers at this school are absolutely a dedicated group to the children and their field! The school district was named top five percent in the testing for the state of illinois. The number of children per grade is averaging around 75. I have to leave the community and school district much to my displeasure because of work but it is an awesome place to raise children. Oh yeah, one last thing, they have a wonderful gifted and special ed department.

C R Hanna Elementary School
Po Box 159, Orion, IL  61273
Last modified C R Hanna Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C R Hanna Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.