Mary Sears Childrens Academy

Private | PK-2

Living in Orland Park

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $265,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Sweep tile

Posted July 28, 2013

THESE PPL WHO OWN THESE SCHOOLS ARE ONLY OUT FOR MONEY! My 4 children attended Mary Sears and the way they treated staff was horrible, the children were in result not attended to properly, just very unprofessional. This school has a reputation for leaving and losing children on walks to nearby parks (check the news stations for Chicago in 2011 and 2012), as well as hiring unqualified staff. I as a parent chaperoned a trip with one of my children and talked to by staff in a very disrespectful way because they assumed I worked for the company. Children were at a petting zoo arranged by the staff at one of the centers and weren't allowed, after petting animals and playing around outside, to wash their hands or use the restroom! When u leave your babies you have absolutely NO idea what is going on! BE CAREFUL! They had be fooled in the beginning as well but if u truly care about your children's well being and education you will DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

Posted April 4, 2013

My child currently attends Mary Sears and is doing great. They are attentive, thoughtful and really care about the children. He began when he was 1 and we intend to keep him here. We are thrilled that we found a nurturing place for him to thrive socially and developmentally. The only drawback I have is that they need to invest in their communication strategies to parents about their program, expectations, curriculum, etc. The parent teacher communication can be better and the parent teacher conferences could be much more effective if they made an investment. So the main issue is that the Administration and organizational needs need to be brought up to date so that they have a competitive edge. Other than this, the care is flawless.

Posted February 13, 2013

I ask any parent who is reading these reviews to pay careful attention to the way in which they are worded. If you notice they all have the same tone and writing style. Which leads me to believe they were written by staff. My children BRIEFLY went to a Mary Sears and the school was horrible in every way. Although it was at another location, the school if ran by one family and all centers are directed by the children of grandchildren of Mary Sears. My point being, the culture is the same at any location because it's embedded in their DNA. This is NOT a school. If all you want is a babysitter, then this is it. If you want your children to LEARN, please by all means DO NOT SEND THEM HERE. All my kids came home with is scribble scrabbles on a sheet and not able to tell me they learn one thing. My daughter came home with a horrible rash and mark on her face and no one could tell me anything. When asked about their curriculum or monthly schedule all I got was a calendar with days for show and tell and playing outside. PLEASE LOOK HARDER AT OTHER SCHOOLS, YOUR CHILDREN DESERVE BETTER!!! I would give this school zero stars if I could.

Posted July 25, 2012

I am writing this letter to express my complete happiness in the Mary Sears Children s Academy. My daughter, Megan, has been enrolled there since the age of 3 (she is now 5) and really enjoys attending. She started on the 2-day program, went to the 3-day program after a few months and now is in the 5-day program because she enjoys it so much. The dedication that the staff at Mary Sears has for the children that attend is absolutely wonderful. Megan has truly excelled in her penmanship, math and social skills being a part of the Mary Sears family and that is how I see it family . I would, and have, recommend Mary Sears to anyone that asks about a pre-school or day care facility. Megan will be attending kindergarten in the fall at Mary Sears and I know (as I can see it already) she will be more than ready for first grade when she turns six. Thank you so much for your dedication and commitment to making mine and everyone else s child excel and happy.

Posted July 24, 2012

I am extremely pleased with Mary Sears Children s Academy. My four year old son has been attending the Mary Sears in Joliet/Manhattan for a little over three years now. I can honestly say that I do not have any complaints. The facility is extremely clean and well organized. Before, I decided on enrolling my son at Mary Sears, he was attending a different daycare where he was sick constantly. Once we switched to Mary Sears, his health improved so much! He is rarely sick now. The staff keeps everything very clean and the children wash their hands often. Mary Sears provides children with a fun, exciting, and well-structured learning environment. I am very impressed with how much my son has learned the past few years. My son loves going to school; especially the summer camp! The children do so many fun activities. The staff has always been very nice and considerate to the students and parents. I feel confident that my son is in good hands. The children are provided with a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and supper as well as morning and afternoon snacks. Mary Sears is very affordable and well worth every penny!!

Posted July 20, 2012

My son has been going to Mary Sears for over two years, starting when he was three months old. Attending Mary Sears has helped him to be advanced for his age. The teachers and staff are great and I have peace of mind sending him there while I m at work.

Posted July 19, 2012

We would like to send a big Thank You to the teachers, care takers and staff of Mary Sears Children s Academy of Orland Park. Our son Ryan has been attending Mary Sears for the past two years and I cannot say enough about how much he has learned and grown since he has been attending. We recently attended a baseball game, as a group with the school and it was so wonderful to see Ryan interact with friends and see the staff in another atmosphere. We really loved it when we saw Ryan s eyes light up when he saw Mr. John at the game as well and when he saw Ms. Zacyzk. Ryan could not wait to see her, quickly making his way down several rows of seats just to show off his new sun glasses and baseball to her. It was so warming to see how he interacts with the staff. As business owners, we understand what it takes to hold such high standards of care and we appreciate the structure and compassion that we see and feel going into Mary Sears Orland Park. Ryan has learned so much from Mary Sears from respect, education and how to interact with other children. He loves the apple picking, worm hunting, playing outdoors in the beautiful yard, pool time, pony rides and the Tumble Bus!

Posted July 18, 2012

I am pleased to write this letter of testimonial for Mary Sears Children s Academy. We have had both of our children in your school since they were infants, and have been with your daycare for 3 years. I have been extremely pleased with the care our children have received at Mary Sears. The staff has been exceptional with the love and care they have shown our two children. Each morning they greet our children with a big smile and a hug. It is obvious that the staff really cares about the children. It is difficult for any parent to leave their children while they are at work, but it has been wonderful to know that our kids are surrounded by teachers who really care about them. I am also pleased with the positive style of discipline that we have observed with our children. As teachers ourselves, my husband and I place a priority on learning and school-readiness. We have been exceedingly pleased with the progress our children have made in this area. Many people have commented to us that our children are far beyond most kids their age in knowledge of language, speaking skills, shapes, colors, letters, numbers, and writing.

Posted June 29, 2012

Being the mother of three beautiful girls and having to work full time it was very difficult for me to even think about putting them into someone else's care. My first choice was not the right for my family, however choosing Mary Sears in Orland Park was. From the first time my husband and I took a walk through their school and met those whom made the place such a warm, yet outstanding child education and care center, we knew this was the place for us. Although somewhat reluctant due to our previous experience, Mary Sears, Orland Park proved to us we made the right decision this time around. Even though we drive from a distance to attend this center versus the one closer to our home, we could not imagine having been anywhere else. I am sure that any of the Mary Sears locations are just as great, but our family is VERY sad to say good bye at the end of next year to a great staff and childcare center. Trust me when I say, THEY ARE THE BEST and will be truly missed, yet remembered by our family! Thank you for all that you do everyday to make a difference in a child's life!

Posted June 28, 2012

Mary Sears is a wonderfully caring, safe and nurturing facility that has definitely been an important part of the lives of my children. My 5 year old has been at Mary Sears for almost 3 years and has made friends of both staff and other students. My 2 year old has been there almost 1 year and has flourished into a wonderfully inquisitive little toddler. Both my husband and I have to work full time and it is comforting to know that I have left my girls in the loving and capable hands of Mary Sears and with so many other things in their lives to worry about I m glad that childcare is not one of my concerns. I would recommend the facility to anyone asks and further appreciate all the support and empathy they facility provides my family

Posted January 13, 2012

If you plan on putting your kids in a daycare, you can't nitpick. Overall, the school has lots of positive qualities. The facility is always clean and neat. The kindergarten teacher is highly qualified with an experienced background. My 5 year old child simply loves it there. He comes home everyday and tells me about all of the wonderful things that he learned and did. Sure, there are things that I think could be better (like the kids MUST eat oatmeal with their breakfast or that I MUST cut a check every week because that is the only payment option), but no place is perfect. My child is happy and I so I'm happy.

Posted February 22, 2011

A staff meeting is mandotory about the correct way of speaking to parents during conference time this week. What about the director's correct way of speaking to their staff? Yelling and such is unprofessional and doesn't have to be tolerated. Maybe staff should approach this matter to the director in a professional manner so it doesn't feel like that we are walking on egg shells all day.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 10, 2011

Disagree with the posters...My son was very young when he went there, thus, day care wasn't a great option. But at the time, he was given lots of attention, a nickname (Super Baby) and often encouraged and always held when he needed it.. Don't put your kids in day care if you are going to nitpick, Mr. John and all the staff downtown were always great!

Posted October 30, 2010

It is sad that parents do not know what a great program entails. Children have to do papers exactly the same. Creativity is not promoted or encouraged. The same songs are sung from ages 2-4 and for years. Every day is the same there are no new experiences. This is all very TRUE! there program needs some updating! Sad that parents are deceived!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 8, 2009

What a great program and to really have an academy feel. Children adapted quite well to a new surrounding and was very impressed with the level of education. I wish I would have found this school sooner...

Posted July 8, 2009

I can not say enough about Mary Sears Children's Academy and their staff. My 3 children have attended the Orland location for over 12 years. The Directors and Teachers were always so loving, caring and supportive to my husband and I and our children. The curriculum is outstanding, it always amazed me how they could get a two year to sing God Bless America and count in Spanish! The teach phonics, reading, math, etc... My children have alll graduated from their Kindergarten program at a first grade level, surpassing the local schools requirments and being at the top of their class. Mary Sears Children's Academy and their long time staff are like our second Family. To this day, my children love to attend on days off and come back every year for summer camp to see all their friends. If you are loooking for a school, Mary Sears is the place!

Posted October 29, 2008

I drive 35 minutes to bring my two toddlers to the O.P. facility. These folks are truly n incredible bunch. At night when I ask my kids 'who loves you?' Almost the entire Mary Sears staff has an early mention on their lists! I could ask for a better group of people to trust my kids with everyday.

Posted April 3, 2008

5 out 5. this school is by far the best ever. staff in orland park I just love, they treat your children as if they were their own. a mother of 3, my oldest started at 6 weeks and my twins also. I drive 25 minutes to keep them in the best environment, and I live by 3 other child care and pass 2. be smart and check them out.

Posted February 14, 2007

My daughter has attended Mary Sears for almost 4 years now, since she was 3 1/2 months old. From the 'baby' room on up, she has learned many things much earlier than I ever expected. The teachers are very good, patient and loving. They all follow the 'respect' school program and all are extremely well behaved. Classrooms are structured as early as 2 years old. I also have my 21 month old son there. His wilder personality will definitely test the teachers. But, I have complete confidence in everything they do from activities, to toilet-training to discipline. I should also mention that they have many special activities planned for the kids. Some examples are pony rides, clown and puppet shows, music shows, sledding and snowmobiling, and a special party for every holiday. A great school for children to learn and have fun and parents to feel comfortable and confident!

Posted June 25, 2005

What a great school! The school is based on the concept of 'Respect'. The teachers are firm but kind and compassionate. My daughter has been attending since she was 2 1/2 and loves going to school. The classrooms are relatively small so there is a lot of individual attention. There is always something going on at school. Field trips, art projects, learning projects and too much to write about. To really appreciate how great this school is you need to meet the administrator and teachers. You will be impressed!

Asian 14% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NAPSEC

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

16807 108th Avenue