Posted March 16, 2013
Our children transferred in from a nearby Catholic school. We have been incredibly impressed with the leadership, teachers and support staff. The children themselves are polite, caring and friendly. Our children are challenged academically and truly love Old Post -- it was an incredibly positive switch for our family.

Posted April 30, 2012
We have two children who attended Old Post Elementary from kindergarten through fifth grade. It was a wonderful experience for both of them as well as for us, as parents. My husband and I were very active volunteers at the school and with the parent organizations. We all found it to be a very caring, nuturing and inviting environment. The education our children received was exceptional and has proved to be a very sound foundation for them as they continue their academic careers in junior high and high school.

Old Post Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2012
After a terrifying experience at this school recently. I would not recommend this school. Racial divided school.

Posted November 03, 2011
This is a great school that can really teach a child in a standard far above many schools in the state. Great teachers, and excellent educational standards is a must! And this school has it. But there is a down side to all good things. And one about this school is the homework given to the children. To have to come home to another 2 or 3 hours of daily homework is both taxing on the child and the parents. Let alone the interest of schooling that the child starts to feel about school in general due to so much work after school. Children need the free time after school to enjoy time with family. Not another 2 hours of schooling. And the time we loose is one thing I miss the most.

Posted May 05, 2010
My daughters attend this school (1st grade and 3rd grader with Special Needs). This school has an amazingly caring Principal and support staff. These people came together to help my daughter, they are always willing to communicate with me, and worked hard to help us with my daughter's IEP. My 1st grader is bright and her teacher works to keep her challenged, even though she technically doesn't have to. This school has been great. I only wish that there were more extra curricular activities for their Special Needs students.

Posted August 27, 2008
Great pricipal caring staff good programs great parent inbolvement

Old Post Elementary School 0

Posted February 27, 2008
Fantastic school! Love the teachers and classes. Very up-to-date with curriculum and excellent gifted programs.

Posted October 29, 2007

Posted June 06, 2007

Posted July 24, 2005

Old Post Elementary School
100 Old Post Road, Oswego, IL  60543
Last modified Old Post Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Post Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top