Bad
Good

Our children transferred in from a nearby Catholic school. We have been incredibly impressed with the leadership, teachers and support staff. The children themselves are polite, caring and friendly. Our children are challenged academically and truly love Old Post -- it was an incredibly positive switch for our family.

We have two children who attended Old Post Elementary from kindergarten through fifth grade. It was a wonderful experience for both of them as well as for us, as parents. My husband and I were very active volunteers at the school and with the parent organizations. We all found it to be a very caring, nuturing and inviting environment. The education our children received was exceptional and has proved to be a very sound foundation for them as they continue their academic careers in junior high and high school.

After a terrifying experience at this school recently. I would not recommend this school. Racial divided school.

This is a great school that can really teach a child in a standard far above many schools in the state. Great teachers, and excellent educational standards is a must! And this school has it. But there is a down side to all good things. And one about this school is the homework given to the children. To have to come home to another 2 or 3 hours of daily homework is both taxing on the child and the parents. Let alone the interest of schooling that the child starts to feel about school in general due to so much work after school. Children need the free time after school to enjoy time with family. Not another 2 hours of schooling. And the time we loose is one thing I miss the most.

My daughters attend this school (1st grade and 3rd grader with Special Needs). This school has an amazingly caring Principal and support staff. These people came together to help my daughter, they are always willing to communicate with me, and worked hard to help us with my daughter's IEP. My 1st grader is bright and her teacher works to keep her challenged, even though she technically doesn't have to. This school has been great. I only wish that there were more extra curricular activities for their Special Needs students.

Great pricipal caring staff good programs great parent inbolvement

Fantastic school! Love the teachers and classes. Very up-to-date with curriculum and excellent gifted programs.

Last modified Old Post Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.